Period correct style Stereo for R107

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freddie44

Car
1989 Mercedes 300SL
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum so hello to everyone!
I would like a Becker or Continental stereo to better suit the interior of my 1989 R107 300SL. (These Kenwoods are a bit naff)
Can someone point me in the right direction?
I'd like one with ipod connectivity and DAB. Easy to fit?
Thanks,
Freddie

Welcome to the forum Freddie.

Here you go. For an extra £55 you can get it with an iPod modulator unit.

88-91 BECKER MEXICO ELECTRONIC Stereo Radio Cassette WARRANTY MERCEDES 107 SL 129 SL 124 126 S CLASS 201 190E FERRARI PORSCHE

You might have to forego the DAB unless you fit something like this http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/dab-car-stereos/sonichi-s100-digital-radio-adaptor although with the noise levels and carp standard speakers inside a 107 it's dubious if any slight improvement would be noticed. Silk purse-sows ear etc.

Last edited:
UK MB's never came with a radio as standard (it was an option). US cars came with Becker Grand Prix 1480 or 780's. If you're looking for one, find a 1480 as it has an internal amp.

I know the 911 (993) boys use Continental or modern Becker that look "period" - this was my question. Perhaps I asked a little confusingly.
Someone must have changed the awful 90's stereo for these clever period look but fully modern working types.. :dk:

Chromelondon.com

Retromanufacturing.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom