Persecution stickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian 1

Car
MB A Class 180d sport
Should we all put "Persecution of the Motorist must stop" in our back windows, 87 MILLION WAS RAISED LAST YEAR IN FINES, that's not including other stupid fines, its just for camera's, we need to do something to stop this persecution...........:thumb:

Instead of stickers how's about, drive with in the law and don't contribute to the £87m.

I have to agree here - I've not contributed to that "pot" since 2003 and if I had to, it would most likely be my own fault!

You could always try walking... Then you will have something to whine about.

Can't say it's persecution. We all know what the law is whether we agree or not and we know the consequences of being caught. I've just done a speed awareness course. Everyone except me was there for breaking 30. I did 82 in 70. Regardless of what I think of a 70 limit I know what it is. The camera recorded me. My fault. My fine. Can't see how this is persecution? Raising the 70mph motorway limit or even bringing in a minimum speed now there's a different campaign.

While I agree to an extent this blanket installation of speed cameras on the motorway network dressed up under the banner of managed motorway and safety is a step too far.

Funny how the variable speed limits always seem to be on along the M42 even at 5am with nothing on the road and funny how they go 60,60,60, 50, 60,60 60.... but no way would that be a ruse to catch anyone out!

Funny how it takes them 3 years to install a few gantries and some cables ensuring we all have to do 50mph under the watchful eye of average speed camera systems even when there is no one working on them for days/miles despite some smug little **** imploring us from one of the most emotionally blackmailing signs ever dreamt up to take care as his father works there!

Funny how the variable speed limit cameras on the 26 mile section of M62 from Brighouse towards the M18 are set to 77mph even when the signs are off despite officially this not being the case on the UK motorway networks!

Funny how we are constantly told monetised.... sorry I mean managed motorway is being installed for reasons of safety by the sanctimonious ****s who seem to inhabit the government, council and police road divisions yet the streetlights on a large portion of the motorway network are switched off to save money! :rolleyes:

But no... the authorities aren't taking the p1ss, no not one bit of it!

Last edited:
I have not contributed to it thankfully, its probably going to happen at some stage,
I just think we as motorists are being targeted for a quick way to make money, especially when they hide on bridges over the m6 etc., as for Mr Bellow I would be quite fit if I did more walking, as I am sure he is.........

Eighty seven million pounds, every one of which was voluntarily given and could have been avoided.

I have not contributed to it thankfully, its probably going to happen at some stage,
I just think we as motorists are being targeted for a quick way to make money, especially when they hide on bridges over the m6 etc., as for Mr Bellow I would be quite fit if I did more walking, as I am sure he is.........

If you are viewing it as a tax...well those bombs being dropped on Syria have to be paid for by one (avoidable) tax or another. Perhaps a petition against ineffectual wars would be of greater benefit to us.

No no I am viewing it as what it is Bellow, it's a complete and utter rip off, using the motorist as a cash cow, nothing to do with the war in Syria, or the Lords in uk who get £750 "A DAY" for attending and falling asleep.......

Keep your wits about you. Look out for cameras or speed traps. Don't let them grind you down.

Considering most modern cars now are set a few mph under what is actually shown on your dial, you're going even faster than you think when speeding

If I set a VW caddy to 54 in a 50 limit or 73 in a 70 limit I know I'm still not speeding

Thanks for your comments guy's, much appreciated, the stickers are 20 pence if you want one, the postage is £25, do you still want one??????????

Voluntary tax.

You either pay it because you don't care or because you are too thick to avoid payment.

Don't want the fine, don't do the crime.

I'm not saying I drive like a nun but I am prepared to accept the consequences if I am caught speeding. It's a choice I make.

As said before, motoring fines are a tax on the stupid.

If you are viewing it as a tax...well those bombs being dropped on Syria have to be paid for by one (avoidable) tax or another. Perhaps a petition against ineffectual wars would be of greater benefit to us.

This is a very partial view. If correctly managed, the investment may very well prove fruitful trough Spoils of War at which point we may all receive tax rebates, you never know. You are prejudging the situation by assuming the enterprise will be ineffectual, which, of course, will depend to great extent on what it is that we are trying achieve in the first instance. So there.

The issue with fines is that they are not scaled based on people's ability to pay.

As can be seen from the parking and traffic offences around Kensington.

Ok guy's point taken and ignored, get a life......

This is a very partial view. If correctly managed, the investment may very well prove fruitful trough Spoils of War at which point we may all receive tax rebates, you never know. You are prejudging the situation by assuming the enterprise will be ineffectual, which, of course, will depend to great extent on what it is that we are trying achieve in the first instance. So there.

Somewhat sadly MJ you appear to be promoting war as an economic activity where in reality the best it can be is armed robbery.

But, as far as we know, that isn't even an objective. Continued arms sales and a whole load of wishful thinking that Isis and Assad will be defeated appear to be the aims. Cameron would have been as well ask for that in a letter to Santa. The arms sales will continue though. No money for bobbies but plenty for bombs. When will we ever rid ourselves of this nonsense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom