Perseid shower

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blondebier

Did anyone gaze into the night sky to watch this last night?

We did and I am happy to say that we saw 5 shooting stars!

Here's a link to a BBC article if you're interested in finding out a bit more about it :

BBC News - Meteor spectacle 'set to dazzle'

The experts reckon they hit our atmosphere at 140,000 miles per hour!

Strewth... you wouldn't want one of them hitting you in the eye. ;)

It should be good tonight as well if you missed last night. (Weather permitting. :thumb:)

I stayed out in the garden while 1 am, it was cold, the sky had cleared and the "normal" stars were clearly visible. Did I see any shooting stars, did I hell , nothing, nowt, zilch, will try again tonight :(

I saw one, my wife saw another...bored after 15 mins went inside.

We saw two last night, at about midnight, along with a couple of satellites travelling in opposite directions, and the weekly summer firework display from my lounge window earlier in the evening!

I'm amazed at the number of satellites up there too. I wander if they ever collide?

That would be a very expensive firework display!

Did anyone gaze into the night sky to watch this last night?

We did and I am happy to say that we saw 5 shooting stars!

Here's a link to a BBC article if you're interested in finding out a bit more about it :

BBC News - Meteor spectacle 'set to dazzle'

The experts reckon they hit our atmosphere at 140,000 miles per hour!

Strewth... you wouldn't want one of them hitting you in the eye. ;)

It should be good tonight as well if you missed last night. (Weather permitting. :thumb:)

It didn't hit our atmosphere, we were moving in their path, it happened once a year. Last year event was not very long ago, it seemed like yesterday.

It didn't hit our atmosphere, we were moving in their path, it happened once a year. Last year event was not very long ago, it seemed like yesterday.

Surely last year's event was a year ago!!

Mrs Sp!ke is currently in Croatia and apparently the sky was full of them both last night and the day before. It is an annual thing apparently.

You'd think we pretty much see the same bit of space from here. :dk:

Mrs Sp!ke is currently in Croatia and apparently the sky was full of them both last night and the day before. It is an annual thing apparently.

It's one of the natural phenomenons that never ceases to amaze me. Even though it happens every year, it's still breath taking to see the lights flash across the sky.

You'd think we pretty much see the same bit of space from here. :dk:

I'm sure light pollution probably has a fair bit to do with it. I'd love to go up to wilds of Scotland and view it from up there one day. :thumb:

Some of you guys need to leave the alcohol alone - it can make you see flashing lights at night!

I looked long and hard last night about midnight when the sky cleared.
Plenty of stars, but no shooting stars.
:(

It could be light pollution.
In Barnsley ... It might just be general pollution !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom