Petition Against Planned Closure Of All DVLA Local Offices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nicensleazy

Car
1998 CLK230
I had to visit my local DVLA office last week and noticed a poster there regarding plans by the government to close all 39 local DVLA offices.

I have used this office a couple of times in the past year and always found them helpful and efficient, as opposed to the service provided by DVLA Swansea when you are forced to be kept endlessly waiting, sometimes on a highly priced premium rate call.

In particular I would think that any member of the motor trade who has cause to use local offices would be severely inconvenienced by their closure.

If you are against these proposals you can sign the epetition HERE, also you can give your views on a 3 month consultation which ends on 6th March by visiting HERE

If there are only 39 of theM they aren't local to many people.
Logically as DVLA limited the number of Post Offices in each town which can issue Tax Discs it was equally certain they would centralise the whole lot sooner or later, although I would have chosen somewhere at least 70 miles east of Swansea.

swansea can't cope as it is. sometimes i prefer the trip into the city centre than dealing with it over the phone.

I'm surprised Steve...:D
I've used them 3 times, they failed miserably on one occasion which anyone can do but their response was appalling.
If an organisation is given almost unlimited power it must be endowed with the same amount of humility and courtesy, DVLA in Swansea has none of either.

Signed.....Oxford DVLA is brilliant

Mic

Petition Signed :) Whenever I have had to use one of their regional centres I have always had a pleasant experience, whereas whenever I have had to deal with Swansea I seem to always be put through to the village idiot :(

Signed, Bradley Stoke is a lot nearer than swansea.

Signed it... as much as DVLA annoy me, I need a local office.

I have not used one in 28 years but they must provide a service for those who are signing.
What do people use them for?

Main things I use them for:

- Cherished Transfers/retentions - We do LOTS!
- Road Tax for cars that are previously on disabled taxation class

They offer a whole host of services though...

Could we start a petition to close the Swansea office... I would sleep better knowing the incompetent, time wasting, gits were no longer capable of completely cocking up every simple task I have ever had the misfortune to contact them with...... :)

It needs a massive shake up... maybe centralisation is the answer but they need other massive reforms..

Perfect example:

Ordered tax disc online before chrimbo. Gets lost in post. Tried unsuccessfully for 5 days to get through to dvla. Drive 30 mins to area office, queue for a hour, walk out with replacement, sorted

They should close Swansea and keep everywhere else open.

All my dealings with Sheffield DVLA have been brilliant, yet Swansea the polar opposite.

They should close Swansea and keep everywhere else open.

Absolutely agree with this. It would certainly be much more efficient.

Has the government actually decided this is going to definitely happen? If they have then I do not believe they really care about petitions, demonstrations etc as they will go ahead with whatever they have decided anyway.:mad:

I can't recall ever having to use a DVLA office, and nor a Post Office for around 8 years at least. Everything I need can be done online, so much quicker and easier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom