peugeot hdi crank pulley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
Anyone here ever changed a Peugeot crank pulley?

Supposedly a regular thing on the Hdis?

Easy?

Hard?

Best left to local garage?

Not done HDi but have done XUD.
Nothing special, just do it up tight and put thread lock on the bolt when putting it back in otherwise it will shake loose.
Don't forget the auxillary belt and timing belt run round this pulley.

Not done HDi but have done XUD.
Nothing special, just do it up tight and put thread lock on the bolt when putting it back in otherwise it will shake loose.
Don't forget the auxillary belt and timing belt run round this pulley.

The timing belt has to come off??

That's bad news.

Why.
Just run the crank round to TDC then block the crank and cam, losen the tensioner then undo the crank pulley bolt.

It's best to crack the crank bolt off first as it will be tight.

PSA engines used to have dowel holes in the crank, cam and flywheel for timing the engine up right, but as long as you don't move anything once it's at TDC it will be OK.

It's probably time for a new belt anyway.

Why.
Just run the crank round to TDC then block the crank and cam, losen the tensioner then undo the crank pulley bolt.

It's best to crack the crank bolt off first as it will be tight.

PSA engines used to have dowel holes in the crank, cam and flywheel for timing the engine up right, but as long as you don't move anything once it's at TDC it will be OK.

It's probably time for a new belt anyway.

I'll limp it to the local garage and let them have their way with me and my wallet.

Can't Land-Rover man do it ?

Is the pulley visibly falling apart or is there a noise and the belt vibrating.
If it's the belt vibrating then it might be the alternator pulley bearing or belt tensioner.

Is the pulley visibly falling apart or is there a noise and the belt vibrating.
If it's the belt vibrating then it might be the alternator pulley bearing or belt tensioner.

It's spewed out the rubber from the middle.

It's definatly the crank pulley.

Can't Land-Rover man do it ?

It's outside my house, by the time I've had it recovered, I may as well just get the garage around the corner to do it.

(although if they pretend its a big job I'll post it to land rover man)

It's outside my house, by the time I've had it recovered, I may as well just get the garage around the corner to do it.

(although if they pretend its a big job I'll post it to land rover man)

At the worst you lose power steering and battery charging. Just drive the damn thing to the garage.

At the worst you lose power steering and battery charging. Just drive the damn thing to the garage.

Apparantly when they come off they can take other stuff with them, important bits like cam belt tensioners and covers.

It's almost 20 miles too, so for the sake of hopefully an hours labour somewhere I don't fancy killing the van.

I might add it's not just noisy, it's really noisy like it's about to go at any minute.

Teach me for buying an Italian van with a French engine....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom