PH Sunday service, Silverstone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dozypillock

Car
C209 CLK320
Anybody here going to the Pistonheads Sunday service? Sunday 22nd March. You can even pay £45 to race round the track for 30 mins.
Places going fast.

Neil

Saw it too late this time and having just bought an engagement ring, can't really afford track insurance on the 55.

Was a great day today. Made it there in the end :). Did anyone here attend?

I did. It was very good wasn't it ?

I try to get to as many of the PHSS as I can because they're always great fun and packed with interesting cars owned by nice people always happy to chat. Saw a few nice AMGs including a lovely silver C32 estate which went on track and watched forum member Andyc32 do a nice job on the track and then had a good chat afterwards.

I'd been out on the pop the night before and so thought discretion was the better part of valour in terms of going on track myself but ended up wishing I'd had a few less pints !

It was absolutely brilliant. Great cars, a friendly bunch of people, great track action and lovely weather.

The silver estate was impressive (the one I saw was a 55, so same engine as mine) easily keeping up with the R8 v10 and track M3, not bad for a car that the guy claimed was stock!

I was undecided about tracking mine, but after seeing one Porsche totalled and another nearly ending up the same way, I am happy to just watch. Had fun with the fleet that I drove down with though.

Will certainly go to the next Sunday service like this.

^^^ think I saw your SLK55, there was also a nice older SLK32 in a shade of us if I remember correctly.

My mistake the wagon I saw was a C55.

Yes, I saw the SLK32. It was in great condition, looked like it had been re sprayed. Was hoping to see it perform on track, but didn't catch it :(

rsk21 said:
^^^ think I saw your SLK55, there was also a nice older SLK32 in a shade of us if I remember correctly. My mistake the wagon I saw was a C55.

Should have said a shade of blue ! Autocorrect nonsense !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom