Phew!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Balcclass

Car
c class estate
Anyone out there help me? i would like to know if anyone has replaced the multifunction light and mirror module in a c class 03 plate? If so how do you take the old one out? many thanks

problem solved

Solved the problem. Save yourself £215.00 by replacing the light/mirror switch module on your c class yourself. My c220 estate has a fuse compartment on the drivers side dashboard - open door to see a panel. This panel can be safely prised open with a screwdriver. This then allows access to the module. One screw holds the fuses in place undo this to allow easier access to the module clips. Take our the plug containing the wiring loop...easily done by pulling down gently on the small black clip'''the plug pulls out. Next pull out the handbreak lever and look up to see one screw direct behind the lever...using the appropriate size star allan key remove the screw completely. Next reach into the fuse compartment behind the module (smaller hands the better) and depress the metal clips (you can see the nearest one to you-the other clip is at the same level opposite this one). The module will release....gently push it forward and out. next unclip the headlighted height adjustor (should have blue and pink cables connected to it do not try to remove this cables or cut them) by gently prising the the white clips (top and bottom).... push it out of the module. The module is now free. you can now replace it with another module. (I bought a second hand one from Dronsfield merc spares. Check internet). replacing it is simple ''' just work backwards. Merc quoted me £257.00 and I did it myself for £36.00 including p&p. Hope this helps someone out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom