Phone Contacts First Name, Last Name Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Macross

Car
Mercedes-Benz CLS 250 CD
N00b question here, but I just can't seem to find a solution.

I have a 2013 CLS 250 CDi and have paired my Android phone and the contacts are displayed first, last in my phone. But when I access them on my car they are displayed last, first. Is there a setting somewhere that I can swap the names around as it's really bloody anoying.

Cheers for any pointers.

Tim

Nope, it's fixed. Sorry.

Nope, it's fixed. Sorry.

Cheers, Germans and their formalities I guess :)

My workaround is to create my contacts as .VCF files and swap the surnames around and then import them into the cars address book. Sucks I have to go down that route, but the lastname first pisses me off :)

N00b question here, but I just can't seem to find a solution.

I have a 2013 CLS 250 CDi and have paired my Android phone and the contacts are displayed first, last in my phone. But when I access them on my car they are displayed last, first. Is there a setting somewhere that I can swap the names around as it's really bloody anoying.

Cheers for any pointers.

Tim

Some phones allow the display order to be changed. the comand system simply takes the names in as they are sent. IT doesnt re-order them. So if you swap round the way they are stored on the phone they will go to the comand in the desired format. If your phone supports it you can then change the display order on the phone.

Some phones allow the display order to be changed. the comand system simply takes the names in as they are sent. IT doesnt re-order them. So if you swap round the way they are stored on the phone they will go to the comand in the desired format. If your phone supports it you can then change the display order on the phone.

MY Android does support changing the order of the names, but it's never reflected in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom