Phone system for small business

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V12

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320CDI LWB
Any experts out there?

We have 3 incoming lines and have some old hat BT system for transferring and intercom etc between 6 extensions.

We would like to get with the times and use a computer integrated system.
We want something budget friendly. Every desk has a PC and they are obviously all networked so if we can run the system through that it would be great.

Any advice?

Any advice?

If the system you have works, why change. If your phones are integrated with the PCs, every time you have a computer problem, your phones go down as well.

I'm no expert - and admittedly a bit (ok a lot) of a dinosaur - but I prefer things to be in hardware…..

OK. Good point.

The only function we're missing that we really need is caller ID. BT have quoted a ridiculous sum to upgrade to their newer system that will give us this functionality.

Hi V12,

Mekdrew2 is correct in that using your PC infrastructure has downsides but it also has benefits ( cheaper calls, ability for people to make calls from their PC from anywhere).

The company I work for is worth a look, they are also based in Hampshire.

Hosted Lync 2013 from Microsoft® - from £1.69

Other

Pete

Hi V12

What is your budget both from capital expenditure but also from running cost ?There are some great solutions based on asterix PBX platform (or similar derivatives ) that can meet your requirements. They can give you other features such as IVR/queues//handgroups etc) and much better reporting on the incoming and outgoing calls including DID and Caller ID etc. Also you can take advantage of your Internet connection for cheaper calls while you maintain the PSTN as a backup . Also you can combine hard phones and soft clients as you like.

Have a look at the following site (not related at all with me; I personally don't deal with this kind of things but I know the subject well)

http://www.voipon.co.uk/

Happy to answer more questions and advice further if I can. PM me if you want

Regards

Theo

The system that I sell is a hosted platform and you can either have conventional handsets or soft phones that sit on your PC's.

With regards to concerns of if your PC's go down, one point is how often does that happen and if it does, you can have a back up phones on another computer, have it twinned to your mobile or log onto a web portal and forward to another number.

If you want further information, drop me a PN.

Regards

Tan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom