Phone upgrade ...stay HTC or what ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
You know that feeling when it's time for an upgrade and you think you should move on ... Well I am happy with my HTC Sensation and all that it does, just wondered what else was out there ... Apple ...possibility as I have an I pad, but thinking of something with slightly larger screen than my Sensation and perhaps a windows phone. What are people's experiences with the new windows phones.

I have the Nokia Lumia windows phone and i love it. Not as many apps as Android or Apple yet but very fast great screen internet and e mail a doddle loads of free apps including sat nav to me much better than an iphone or htc but must admit the new samsung android phones are really slick with bigger screens which may suit you, this was posted on my windows phone.:D

I am a I phone user and Blackberry but tested the new Nokia recently and was totally amazed, I suggest go have a look at one it really is impressive.

Last edited:
Didn't realise Samsung did a windows phone looks nice :thumb:

I had a HTC Desire S and have recently changed to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it's awesome. I highly recommend it. :rock::rock:

Nexus 4 direct from Google. Sim free, unlocked £280 - its the flagship Android phone, quad core and will go up to £400 soon.

If you like HTC phones then go for a HTC one x plus. I''ve had one for 2 months now, it's a good phone. Better than an iPhone I'd say.

I've had both HTC and Samsung and both are fine brands.

The Galaxy S3 is a superb phone, only let down by a flimsy back cover.
HTC OneX is a better built phone, but I found battery life was poor Not so slick as the Samsung,but has a more "quality" feel to it and a very capable phone IMHO.
Neither phone is a disappointment and I'd happily use either.

I won't go down the i-Phone arguement, only to say I wouldn't ever consider any Apple product.

Last edited:
The WP8 devices are very nice.. Is it for personal use or work? If you need to connect to exchange / share point or use office documents then wp8 has it covered better than the rest.

If purely fun and games then S3/XperiaZ/Nexus are more toy like... just watch out for malware on android as it's market is unregulated.

I have the Nokia Lumia windows phone and i love it. Not as many apps as Android or Apple yet but very fast great screen internet and e mail a doddle loads of free apps including sat nav to me much better than an iphone or htc but must admit the new samsung android phones are really slick with bigger screens which may suit you, this was posted on my windows phone.:D

I switched to a Lumia 800 at the end of Nov. Got on so well with it that SWMBO went for one as well.

Not as many apps - but the in-built mapping is very good (as with previous Nokias but better). Does everything I need and does it well.

Tell me, do they do phones that ... well phone, these days :D

Tell me, do they do phones that ... well phone, these days :D
They actually do, I got one when my iphone was stolen. They cost f all and are cheap to use.

However after a few weeks of protest i have given in, I'm getting the Nokia..

I loved HTC and had 5 or 6 before I went to Samsung S3 from the Sensation. LOVE the S3 though.

I'd wait and get an S4 when it comes out in next couple of months.

Have a Nokai Lumia 800 for personal use - its very good; slick interface.

At work we are just trialling Lumia 920's which seems VERY slick but a few dont like the size/weight of them. personally the screen is fine for me as it allows me to view pdf's,docs and worksheets well.

I've had iphones all along so probably will stick to them if for nothing else than the amount ive spent on apps lol
also... apple are having to take their thumbs out after being showed up by samsung... so expect awesome things from them soon

Some great deals on the HTC 8X.

It feels really solid and well made and not as chunky as the Lumia 920.

If the Lumia 920 was thinner and lighter I would have one in a flash to replace my Samsung Galaxy S3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom