Plastic Bags. How many have you got?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Surely, I'm not on my own in forgetting to take the plastic bags I have paid for to the supermarket when I shop.
I think I have remembered to take the bags on no more than a handful of occasions, usually when prompted by Mrs Ringway.

I have so many bags, I'm thinking of getting them insured. :doh:

Offer them to forum members for 4p each (must collect)?

I put mine back in the car when I've emptied them...

... and then forget to grab them next time I go to the supermarket. :doh::doh::doh:

We use ours up as the kitchen bin was designed to take them and it gets emptied every night.

I must admit I take no part in supermarket shopping and increasingly Mrs R is opting for home delivery, which is fine by me as it stops all the impulse purchases. She says Waitrose is the best for quantity of bags - typically a dozen with each delivery.

She says Waitrose is the best for quantity of bags - typically a dozen with each delivery.

Is there a 5p per bag charge when shopping is delivered?

Banned for not sparing a thought for choking dolphins.

Just counted the bags in our kitchen 'Bag Drawer' and there is 32 (33 if you include the bag that the bags are in)

Mrs Ant said its a 35p charge (Tesco) on every home delivery no matter how many bags you have delivered.

What I didn't know is that our family butcher said he's excluded from the bag charge (as a business) for H&S reasons.

I think I've got too much time on my hands.

Ant.

I keep 3 in each car so I don't get into trouble with the Mrs. Remember, we've been paying for them much longer up here.

I keep 3 in each car so I don't get into trouble with the Mrs. Remember, we've been paying for them much longer up here.

Yes Harry.

I also remember it hardly made nation news UNTIL it came out in England. Then it was like :eek::eek::eek:

Yes Harry.

I also remember it hardly made nation news UNTIL it came out in England. Then it was like :eek::eek::eek:
Poor English, they're so hard done by...

We're Scottish now, been here 10 years in August. :bannana:

Is there a 5p per bag charge when shopping is delivered?

I don't know if they all do the same but I think with Waitrose there's a one-off (per order) bag charge of something like 40p.

ETA: A quick Google suggests that's common for other supermarket deliveries too.

Just counted the bags in our kitchen 'Bag Drawer' and there is 32 (33 if you include the bag that the bags are in)

Mrs Ant said its a 35p charge (Tesco) on every home delivery no matter how many bags you have delivered.

What I didn't know is that our family butcher said he's excluded from the bag charge (as a business) for H&S reasons.

I think I've got too much time on my hands.

Ant.

But not blood on your hands as fresh meat can be supplied with a free bag.:thumb:

But not blood on your hands as fresh meat can be supplied with a free bag.:thumb:

Arrrr, so it's true?

I wonder if you only bought fresh meat from a supermarket and nothing else would they be abliged to give you a free bag or is it just Butchers shops?

Just curious. :dk:

I did hear my wife complain the other day that she bought a chicken from M&S while passing and they're supposed to put it in a free bag but they wouldn't.

Surely, I'm not on my own in forgetting to take the plastic bags I have paid for to the supermarket when I shop.
I think I have remembered to take the bags on no more than a handful of occasions, usually when prompted by Mrs Ringway.

I have so many bags, I'm thinking of getting them insured. :doh:

Never been to a supermarket.......not part of my remit.

Mic

Never been to a supermarket.......not part of my remit.

Mic

I make sure that I do the shopping. That way, I get to eat what I like to eat and also I can smuggle in essential life support supplies such as beer, beer, more beer and Dunhill Red cigarettes. :)

Arrrr, so it's true?

I wonder if you only bought fresh meat from a supermarket and nothing else would they be abliged to give you a free bag or is it just Butchers shops?

Just curious. :dk:

They gave me a small plastic bag once but not a carrier bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom