plastic dip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kalvin928

Car
S205 C63s , Lotus Carlton replica, CLK 200 Kompressor
hi has anyone has experience with this? I have done some research... I gather you can do it on chrome as well... I was thinking of doing the alloy wheels, but can this just be used as a base coating? ie. spray this and then spray and paint on top.... still have the choice of peeling away in the future if you want to change? My alloys are 20" with a lot of chrome and no doubt regardless how much I care from them.. corrosion/ spidering will set in, but was thinking of getting chrome sections plastic dipped then sprayed over in gloss black.

also if the possibility of getting a clear coat version, was thinking of spraying to bonnet front to act as a bra.... and wouldn't look as obtrusive as fitted black bra...

any thoughts from anyone?

Ive ordered matt black with a gloss to finish off to do the chrome window trims, you tube has a load of videos on the method it seems its an easy process but not sure if it works the way you intend it, but why dont you do the matt black thing and get a tin of gloss to finish it off?

Just did grill on my S class, check out my avatar

On my 635d had wheels done - you have to use at least one can per wheel to get good result
Also did my exhaust tips and grill on the beema-came out great
Make sure you buy only Performix products
And as above check you tube for tips - DipYourCar.com (they are great as for how to videos)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom