Plastic fivers what's next?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
Got one of the plastic notes today and I'm not keen at all, it really does feel like toy cash :crazy:

10s and 20s will be next, and I've also read they might get rid of the penny.
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

Chocolate coins? :D

I hope it all turns plastic

No more leaving £40 in jeans pockets after a night out and ending up with mulch after you open the washing machine door!

I hope it all turns plastic

No more leaving £40 in jeans pockets after a night out and ending up with mulch after you open the washing machine door!

A good night out requires you go home having spent up Ash. You shouldn't have a penny left never mind £40. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience with plastic banknotes is nearly 20 yrs old, but what I disliked intensely is the disgusting, greasy feel of old plastic notes (due to the chemical deterioration of the PE-based compounds, nothing to do with a note being clean or otherwise).

I just hope the technology advanced sufficiently to address that, i.e. the chemical composition of the polymer used, otherwise ... eewww

Happytalk73 said:
A good night out requires you go home having spent up Ash. You shouldn't have a penny left never mind £40. :D

My round is usually end of the night when places shut ;)

Any one that doesn't like them is welcome to send them to me !
I love em

Chocolate coins? :D

That made me laugh Happytalk, I once remember taking the chocolate coins off the tree one year when I was a kid, so me and my sister carefully undid them all and then carefully put them back together so you wouldn't know they was empty, that was until the tree came down and my mum discovered our dirty deed:dk:
Wow we both got a right good **** tanning :D
:thumb:

I done this also being an only child it backfired i was high as a kite on e numbers then was rather sick , mum saw it as a fitting punishment ;)

That made me laugh Happytalk, I once remember taking the chocolate coins off the tree one year when I was a kid, so me and my sister carefully undid them all and then carefully put them back together so you wouldn't know they was empty, that was until the tree came down and my mum discovered our dirty deed:dk:
Wow we both got a right good **** tanning :D
:thumb:
I done this also being an only child it backfired i was high as a kite on e numbers then was rather sick , mum saw it as a fitting punishment ;)

As kids we used to go scrumping , one old boy who'd chase us off with a stick and gave us a hard time , to get our own back we crept into his garden one night , and took a bite out of each apple , and left them hanging in the tree. Brilliant, at least we thought so. Happy days.

I was in Canada earlier this year - all the notes appeared to be plastic.

They felt fine - but the brand new ones did have a tendency to stick together a bit more than paper notes. Once slightly crumpled they were fine.

Much nicer to handle than the old Isle of Man £1 were...

Would be good if they get rid of the 1p coin. I might stop this £99.99p nonsense.

Got one of the plastic notes today and I'm not keen at all, it really does feel like toy cash :crazy:

10s and 20s will be next, and I've also read they might get rid of the penny.
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

Wouldn't mind a sack full or two.

Ah - the irony of the drinker!

Barman "Didn't expect to see you tonight?"

Drinker "Why's that?"

B "After the state you were in last night?"

D "Why, was I in here?"

B "In here? You must have spent eighty quid!!"

D "Well thank **** for that - I thought I'd lost it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom