Plastic Seat Back Panel - W164

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jadefox

Car
GLA AMG 220 CDI
The plastic panel is loose on the back of the driver's seat (ML320 W164).... not sure if it is the clips broken or something else in there. Does anyone have any images of this or something to show how they fit so I can try to work out what is the problem?

Need to find a star screwdriver as on of the bottom screws is loose, but even pushing it into place, the top of the panel doesn't seem to be held in :dk:

yes mate

these are attached by two torx screws (star shaped) at the bottom of the seat as you found and can be accessed easily by tilting the seat fully forward. then there is TWO large slide clips at the top which locate in place 9/10ths of the way up the back of the seat back and hold it in position.

The two screws simply line back up and hold the unit in place.

If you havnt got a torx driver, its always a good idea to buy a set of anti tamper units like this (cheap as chips and well worth having access to)

All-Purpose Screwdriver Bit Set 100Pc | Screwfix.com

if your still stuck, happy to take off mine and send you a pic. But you need to get a driver to tighten up the panels.

if your still stuck, happy to take off mine and send you a pic. But you need to get a driver to tighten up the panels.

Brilliant, thanks for that, DH has managed to fix it. Was thinking there was going to be something broken, but it just needed re-positioning and pushing back in properly, so a nice easy fix!

good glad you got it sorted, thought it would be odd to break the locating clips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom