Playing iPad though Bose stereo in s class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deane x

Car
C350e S205 2016
Hi I want to play the music off my iPad thought my Bose stereo in my s class , I have seen on YouTube a man with a cassette tape with a iPhone adapter on it and it seems to work well , any ideas what I would need or if there is a better way , any help is much appreciated

Surely your s class has comand fitted ? :confused:

Does your comand have a tape player ?

I only ask because mine doesn't ? :confused: it's cd only

Sorry , I'm being thick I think , but where is the tape deck on that ?

I think he has an iPod lead going into an Aux port or something.

Alfie at comand.co.uk is the person to talk to about this. He will know how it is done and the most cost effective way to do it.

Sorry , I'm being thick I think , but where is the tape deck on that ?

I think he has an iPod lead going into an Aux port or something.

Alfie at comand.co.uk is the person to talk to about this. He will know how it is done and the most cost effective way to do it.

The tape deck is behind the "radio, cd" etc. buttons. You press the button with the arrow and they all move down revealing the tape deck.

Ah ! :thumb:

Didn't know that :)

He uses a tape thing with a headphone socket then a adaptor from that to a iPad connector any one know what's its called or Where to get one from ?

I think I way have one in the 'Man Drawer'....don't buy one until I've ventured in to the darker corners and you can have it.......

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Something like a Griffin Smartdeck then. You may have to send off to the US for that!

Something like a Griffin Smartdeck then. You may have to send off to the US for that!
It looks like he just has a wire with female headphone jack on one end and iPad connector on other tho ..I could be wrong as this stuff goes right over my head :confused:

Something like this ...

Gold Plated AUX adapter input cable iPhone iPod MP3 For Mercedes Comand 2.0 | eBay

That you could then get an iPod cable to join to ?

Actually , how about this , just tune your stereo to he frequency ?

New 3.5mm Wireless Music to Car Radio FM Transmitter For MP3 iPod Phones Tablets | eBay
They look good , good find , don't know if first one will work as I have cd changer and tv tuner but as I said before this stuff goes right over my head , I wonder if any one on here has used any of them I can't be the only person wanting to play music from there phone or iPad

Just to feed back on this a little.

I bought one of these to see what they were like , and I can confirm it's pretty good. You need to find a frequency that isn't near any other station as you can get some bleed through , but it works fine.

You can hear a bit of fuzz when there is silence on a tune , or a very quiet section , but it's liveable with. When you are listening to anything at any volume you don't notice it at all. All for under a fiver.

3.5mm FM Transmitter In Car Hands Free Wireless For All Mobile Phones MP3 HTC | eBay

Just to feed back on this a little.

I bought one of these to see what they were like , and I can confirm it's pretty good. You need to find a frequency that isn't near any other station as you can get some bleed through , but it works fine.

You can hear a bit of fuzz when there is silence on a tune , or a very quiet section , but it's liveable with. When you are listening to anything at any volume you don't notice it at all. All for under a fiver.

3.5mm FM Transmitter In Car Hands Free Wireless For All Mobile Phones MP3 HTC | eBay
ar m8 that was weird I was just saying to my wife I have not had any thing back on the iPad thread and looked round and you had posted .....you watching me or some thing lol any way thanks I have ordered one .is the link the one you bought as I just boughts that one

Yes , that's the exact same one I bought.

Some of the others only have five or so frequencies programmed in , so if none of them work , you're stuffed. That one you can search by .1 increments.

Best frequencies with no bleed in my area appear to be 87.6 and 90.6 , everything else seems too near to a station and you get bits of both.

Figuring out how to get the comand to search actual frequencies rather than stations was a bit of a faff as I've lost the comand manual lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom