Playing videos on E class W213 Comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RealReado

Car
E220d AMG
Hi everyone - this is my first post... I have a new W213 E Class with the 12.3" Comand display. The car no longer has a physical CD/DVD drive so I wondered if it was possible to take advantage of the large, high resolution screen and play videos. I appreciate that they could never be viewed whilst in motion (without a hack) so don't want to get into that discussion - just whether anything can be viewed whilst stationary.

Cheers

Yes, you can load them in via the SD card and play them from the media menu.

Cheers

Yes, you can load them in via the SD card and play them from the media menu.

Cheers

I didn't know you could do that! In my blinkered mind I thought getting video to play needed a TV receiver module, but it all makes sense, thank you for enlightening me.

Do you need to have a particular file format?

Yup, MPEG, AVI or MP4. You can load them in from a USB memory stick too. You play it like any media file. You can switch to full screen mode from the left hand menu by selecting the icon that is a rectangle with arrows coming out of the corners.

Yes Just copied MP4 file in Memory stick and selected media start playing...Also got Full screen mode.

BTW I couldn't play Youtube video using browser in E class...Clocking play button is not playing anything..!!

Hi everyone, new member, this is my first post, I have a new W213 E Class. I have copied a DVD to the memory stick and saved as an MP4 file. When trying to play it in the car it plays as sound only with no video

I can not see an icon that is a rectangle with arrows coming out of the corners as indicated in above post

Am i missing something ?

Last edited:
It won’t play when vehicle is moving, only when in park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom