please help supercharger problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bennyboy04

Car
Mercedes c230 w202
i dont no if anyone can help me iv got a c230 w202 and the supercharger cut out and i cant here it when i rev it so i took the battery off the car lastnight and put it back on today and when i started it up the first rev i could here the supercharger but arfter that it cut off agen anyone no why ?

There is an electric clutch in the pulley which will disengage if a fault is present, I suggest getting the fault codes read.

thanks mate ill get them read

If you search my posts there are a few things that can do this. Can sensor magnet, air bypass flap, piping under charger. Oil in wiring loom. The SC is designed to drop out or not engage if an engine fault is present so it's not necessarily the SC at fault.

As per Simon (Carat 3.6) fault codes should be checked first otherwise it'll hit & miss if you just start changing parts at random. The most common issue to cause this problem it seems is a faulty MAF (or oil on it) but as Flango mentioned it could be a faulty sensor too.

What I would initially discount as the cause is the Throttle Body, K40 Reply, Engine ECU, Supercharger Clutch, Oil in the loom and the S/C Bypass Valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom