Please help w211 estate boot problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Otg69

Car
W211 e320 avantgarde estate
Hi there ladies and gents i need your help. Ive got a w211 e320 avantgarde estate and im having problems with my boot.
I always use the remote release and auto open on the key fob and lately it has been hit and miss as to if it opens the latch or not (I can always hear the pump working to open it even if it doesn't release).
Last night I opened the boot to get out shopping and after i pressed button to close it. Boot went down but wont latch.
Haven't had a chance to have a look at it properly yet but has anyone had this problem?
Tia

Anyone?

Hi,
You do not say what year your E320 is. However, January time, my tailgate latch packed up. There is actually a wee motor in the back, and mine had stripped a drive cog. I just bought a used part off of Ebay, switch and handle, cost me £20 and didn't take too long to fit.
If you use the search facility there are a few posts about replacing the tailgate switch and handle, with photos as I recall.

Steve

Hi,
You do not say what year your E320 is. However, January time, my tailgate latch packed up. There is actually a wee motor in the back, and mine had stripped a drive cog. I just bought a used part off of Ebay, switch and handle, cost me £20 and didn't take too long to fit.
If you use the search facility there are a few posts about replacing the tailgate switch and handle, with photos as I recall.

Steve

I'm having similar problem and using search can't find any posts regarding this.
Can you post a link toolman?
Thanks

Thank you for the reply. Mine is a 2004. And i had a search for similar issues but couldn't find anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom