Plumbers - can't remove plastic sink waste

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
Hi,

Really appreciate some help. I think there's a problem with the waste on my sink as it takes ages for the water to drain from the sink, and no amount of unblocker will help.

So I've decided to replace the waste, seeing as they don't cost to much.
However the waste is stuck solid, i cannot shift it. Is the only remedy to somehow cut it off?

Thanks

Assuming the pipework is 'screw together' fittings they should not be tight, however as yours are the rubbers have probably perished and gone hard or limescale has glued them tight. The trap should be all you need to remove and a long pair of plumbers grips should exert enough pressure, with a piece of wood or similar through the 'U' to pull against.

Have you tried a kettle of boiling water down the sink, it often works.

Hi,

Really appreciate some help. I think there's a problem with the waste on my sink as it takes ages for the water to drain from the sink, and no amount of unblocker will help.

Have you tried bullet or one shoot?

I am a qualified Plumber and have never not been able to get a trap of a sink. This makes me think that you may not have the right tools. A large pair of water pump pliers are ideal. If you are not sure what these are ebay sells them. if it is a kitchen sink you are likely to have a bottle trap under the sink. These were designed for hairdressing salons where the sink traps get blocked regulary because of the amount of hair washing. They are designed to be easy to unblock. If you look half way down the trap you will see that there is a kurled section. This should be able to be undone fairly easy, often by hand only, remember to have a bucket under it though for the waste water that is in the trap. if i can help let me know.

Thanks all, an adjustable wrench helped get it off...looks like a mixture of paint/silicone had blocked it up good and proper...that'll be the decorators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom