Pocket watch repair.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
I have my grandad's pocket (fob?) watch and the glass is missing. Any recommendations for someone to repair this please?

Also, it is (probably) a German watch from the early 1900's, maybe even earlier, but with no makers name just a serial number 34106 and stamped 'Garantie 10 Jahre'. It also has a very small stamp which looks like a bison head on a lions body.

Any experts know how to place something like that?

Last edited:
Open it and see what inscriptions can be found inside perhaps.

Open it and see what inscriptions can be found inside perhaps.

All the inscribed details above are from the inside case flap. Not the main case but the one that protects the mech.

Seems that you've been sorted Druk, though if not, give me a shout and I'll put you onto the guy who does mine for me.

Maybe a lion but with a glass it has horns and looks bison-ish.

3e27c1f1580157d6d74381a0803b952c_zpszr3xari9.jpg

And quite ornate hands for an otherwise cheapo looking watch?

379cc601b24a58c260a2159acd768a1d_zpstacjnafu.jpg

Thanks Graeme. Very interesting. :thumb:

Sadly the mark I have isn't listed anywhere on that site although I've emailed it across to the guy to see if he can help further.

Here is a blow-up of said bison mark. It has hooves and horns so deffo not a lion as first thought.
The mark is extremely clear and well inscribed considering it is only about 3mm long.

0de03b5867f07e0bbf7cf3323c7b64ce_zpsxqkqxfzq.jpg

Anyone?

Last edited:
Have you tried posting on Watchuseek Derek?

Some very knowledgeable people over there who would hopefully be able to identify this for you.

Have you tried posting on Watchuseek Derek?

Some very knowledgeable people over there who would hopefully be able to identify this for you.

Thanks Dave. Got registered and almost ready to post when Del came up with the goods. Hey-ho.

Thanks Graeme. I've been through it till my head's swimming and can find nowt. I'm going to email the pics over and see if he can sort it as there are no actual marks on the movement. Making slow progress though. Got my granddad's naturalisation papers (1936) through from Kew and with the help of Marvin have been in touch with Zeitz where he was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom