Polish motorcycle ambulance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Poles are pretty damn good at getting out of the way of/giving way to a bike pelting down the tram tracks with blue lights, and presumably a siren, going, but even so, huge sigh of relief here too. It looked worryingly close to emergency organ donor delivery to me.

It all looked smooth and controlled to me. Most of the time he/she was using the tram segment of the road which meant the risk of conflict with another vehicle was very low.

My initial concern was him/her getting wheels caught in the tram lines ( didn't sound like all that big a bike , hence narrowish tyres :dk: ) but it didn't happen , despite some rapid lane changes .

I was also bemused by the lack of caution traversing some of the crossings where a positive response from other road users hadn't been obtained - and just relying on others to clear .

A hair rising ride to watch but probably less interesting from the riders seat.

So, how many others found themselves trying to look around the small screen?

Interesting that after such a rapid journey the rider took the time to remove his helmet and gloves before taking the "cargo" into the hospital.

Could be a blood delivery as well. I know that locally here there's a "Blood Bike" initiative for delivery of blood from the blood banks to the hospitals.

One of my mates is an A&E nurse, and she has some interesting stories to tell about incidents where they run out of blood and need more units ASAP..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom