Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uishaq92

Car
2009 C - Class C220 CDI Sport
Hi, I've just bought an 2009 c - class c220 cdi auto sport and have excess play in both front lower arms with play in the bushes.

Does anyone know if you can buy polyurethane bushes for this car and also where you can get them?

Spent the past few days trolling Google to no avail! :dk:

Cheers
Umar

Umar

Welcome!

If it is the lower control arms you are referring to and if they are Mercedes originals then you can buy replacement bushes from MB but you obviously need to press out the old and press in the new.

Polyurethane bushes would transmit more noise and vibration and possibly make the car less pleasant to drive, is there a specific reason why would you wish to fit these?

You could also buy Lemforder arms complete with bushes for around £70 from ECP and other sources, these would be a very easy replacement.

Don't forget to get the geometry checked/adjusted after fitting, especially if you go non-OEM.

I had genuine MB arms fitted and still needed adjustments. Not because there's anything 'wrong' with new arms, simply any geo settings made before could have been for slightly 'bent' or worn arms/bushes.

Whilst you can get alternative grades of poly bushes , I wouldn't recommend them for a C220 diesel.

Umar

Welcome!

If it is the lower control arms you are referring to and if they are Mercedes originals then you can buy replacement bushes from MB but you obviously need to press out the old and press in the new.

Polyurethane bushes would transmit more noise and vibration and possibly make the car less pleasant to drive, is there a specific reason why would you wish to fit these?

You could also buy Lemforder arms complete with bushes for around £70 from ECP and other sources, these would be a very easy replacement.
Thanks, first foray into MB so figured this was the best place to start!

I was thinking of poly bushes as I've heard they do have a bit of a harder ride but they're more durable, that was really the main aspect of the change to be honest.

I'll take a look at the Lemforder arms though, changing the arm seems an easier and more time effective approach rather then pressing bushes in and out.

Thanks for the advice

Will be doing the work myself and have access, at work, to autodata for full MB geo specs so I'll make sure I reset everything to the correct tolerance.

I read on an American forum poly bushes on the W204 C Class were a vast improvement on the norm but judging the general consensus and the fact I can't seem to find any bushes to buy think it's going to be a couple of replacement arms

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom