Pondering an exhuast upgrade..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
German oil burner
I'm thinking sometime soon, possibly nearer the end of the year, to remove the OEM exhaust and replace it with a custom one. Now the last time i did this, it was on a c200, and i went to MIJ performance and they did a great job. But my question here is, has anyone tried fitting a quad exhaust? if so, have u noticed a bigger difference then you would if you fitted a normal twin ? I do think that a quad exhaust can look a bit much but if it carries any extra performance gains i might go for it.

Any ideas?

Doubtful. Freeflowing exhausts make more of a difference for turbocharged cars. Naturally aspirated cars need some back pressure for lower torque. Incidentally, Powerflow in Uxbridge did my AMG-lookalike exhaust.

Doubtful. Freeflowing exhausts make more of a difference for turbocharged cars. Naturally aspirated cars need some back pressure for lower torque. Incidentally, Powerflow in Uxbridge did my AMG-lookalike exhaust.
The c230k is not naturally aspirated, it is supercharged.

The quad system for the C230k is quad just at the back end. It doesn't go quad all the way back to the engine, so there is nothing to be gained.

If you want a bit more performance you have to take the freeflow route as stated earlier and you can get that built up by people such as Longlife Exhausts in stainless steel.

One of the things that you will have to consider though is the sound.....its going to be a lot noisier.

Have you fitted the sprintbooster as yet ? If you want a better drive, i'd suggest that would be the first step.

No i dont need a sprintbooster as i drive a manual and i have no problems with the response on my throttle.

Powerflow seem to have made a nice job of the exhaust on my car. I cannot comment on the price though as it was on the car when I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom