Possible new terrorist attack in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I doubt it...no room for jokes about terror attacks in my country mate/
'My country'
I don't know where in the UK you are from but I've lived and worked in London for most of my life and so when terrorism is an everyday part of your life (I remember the IRA bombing campaigns) if their plans go tits up me and my pals feel we are allowed to inject a little black humour into our pub chat.
I was working on the Royal Albert Hall yesterday and so I saw a lot of the commotion and upheaval that was a result of this incident. As someone has already stated here it appeared to be a very amateurish attempt and luckily nobody was seriously hurt.

Please be vigilant guys.

It would appear that the explosive material [ which failed to detonate] was of the "Mother of Satan." acetone peroxide type.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone_peroxide

1024px-Acetone-peroxide-trimer-from-xtal-2009-3D-balls.png

'My country'
I don't know where in the UK you are from but I've lived and worked in London for most of my life and so when terrorism is an everyday part of your life (I remember the IRA bombing campaigns) if their plans go tits up me and my pals feel we are allowed to inject a little black humour into our pub chat.
I was working on the Royal Albert Hall yesterday and so I saw a lot of the commotion and upheaval that was a result of this incident. As someone has already stated here it appeared to be a very amateurish attempt and luckily nobody was seriously hurt.

Please be vigilant guys.
I am a Londoner (Ealing W5) living in the New forest Hampshire in my country England.

I worked in London (Mayfair W1) my work took me to Belfast N.I

I have witnessed the aftermath of terrorist activity on many occasions

I did not like your flippant post.

I am a Londoner (Ealing W5) living in the New forest Hampshire in my country England.

I worked in London (Mayfair W1) my work took me to Belfast N.I

I have witnessed the aftermath of terrorist activity on many occasions

I did not like your flippant post.

It wasn't flippant. My original post was taking the p**s out of inept terrorists. Or do you have a problem with that?

Parsons Green: Man arrested over Tube bombing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41292528

'An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of a terror offence in connection with Friday's attack on a London Tube train.
The man was held in Dover on Saturday and taken to a Kent police station - he will be moved to south London later.'

I would hazard a guess that the suspect was trying to cross to France? We'll soon find out...

It wasn't flippant. My original post was taking the p**s out of inept terrorists. Or do you have a problem with that?

Well fairly obviously some of us mistook your perceived flippancy for something else entirely. So let's just say the wording of your original post could be taken either way and leave it at that.

'Anti-terror police tell Sunbury residents to 'get out' as property is searched'

http://news.sky.com/story/anti-terr...s-to-get-out-as-property-is-searched-11038625

'The ongoing operation in Sunbury, Surrey, follows the arrest of an 18-year-old man in Dover on Saturday morning in connection with the Parsons Green bombing on Friday.

An address in Cavendish Road is currently being searched after officers began evacuating homes at around 1.40pm.'

It's lucky that we have inept terrorists. After all, our security services' record of preventing attacks is hardly something to be complacent about.

.[/QU[/QUOTE]
It's lucky that we have inept terrorists. After all, our security services' record of preventing attacks is hardly something to be complacent about.

Carefull, comments like that might be taken the wrong way.

Oh for the good old days, when Nutters could be dismissed as Nutters.

Meanwhile, in the UK, on that same day, like every day, a badly trained teenage (17-19) driver killed someone needlessly (400 a year), six people died on the roads needlessly (1800 a year), and 20 people took their own lives (7,000 a year).

Events which are significant not just for the damage to the individual but for the lifelong effect that they have on 20 - 50 others around them: family, friends, and others involved in the event.

Don't sensationalise and reward the silly acts of individuals - it only encourages others.

Risk of terrorism? At the lowest level in the UK for 50 years - you're more likely to be crushed to death by your own furniture.

Last edited:
screen%20shot%202015-02-12%20at%201.19.20%20pm.png

...After all, our security services' record of preventing attacks is hardly something to be complacent about.
Difficult to say - we don't know how many more attacks they did manage to prevent.

Risk of terrorism? At the lowest level in the UK for 50 years - you're more likely to be crushed to death by your own furniture.

I'm not disputing this, but are you sure Mike?

The IRA were active from '69 - 2001 but since then apart from a couple of anti Israeli attacks, its been Islamic incidents.
2 attacks in 2013, 1 in 2015, and now 5 in 2017 so far doesn't indicate it being at its lowest level to me.

MikeInWimbledon
You are right to highlight the other major causes of death but they need context to make sense. If mediated by age for example that diagram would change markedly for say those under 30. That said I would confidently predict road traffic traffic accidents would be at the top of causes of death for that age group . Ironically terrorism will have had altered that dynamic slightly because prior to its start public transport would be the safest mode of transport for those under 30- probably still is statistically- but the odds will have shortened slightly- particularly for city dwellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom