Post a single Car based pub fact

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Toyota had to come up with a new name for its sweet little motor, when the French pronounced MR2 as Merde ("sh*t")

GM had a famous fiasco with the Chevrolet Nova, because "No va" in Spanish means "It doesn't go".

Toyota had to come up with a new name for its sweet little motor, when the French pronounced MR2 as Merde ("sh*t")

The Mitsubishi Pajero was named Shogun and Montero In some countries, because Pajero in Spanish means W@nker.

And the Citroen Visa was originally going to be called the VD :wallbash:

The Ford Capri 3-litre was the last new car on the UK market to cost less than £1 per cc of engine capacity.

The last original AC Cobra super snake sold in 2015 for 5.1 million dollars. Carol Shelby's own car previously.
Bill Cosby of recent notoriety was given the only other car by Carol Shelby. Its next owner then drove it of a cliff. And then there was one.........

This bit takes me over my one line, just thought people might be interested. Quite a monster for 1966!
1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake Specifications

Wheelbase: 90.0 inches
Weight: 2,550 pounds (approximately)
Engine: twin-supercharged overhead-valve V-8
Horsepower: 800
Transmission: three-speed automatic
Performance: 0-60 mph, 3.2 seconds (estimated)

Last edited:
And the Citroen Visa was originally going to be called the VD :wallbash:

The Citroen Evasion had to be called Synergie for the UK market - otherwise it would be associated with tax evasion!

The Skoda logo is not, as is commonly believed, a stylised Native American with an arrow, but is really a plastic chicken with a green rubber glove pulled over the head.

Ford were sued unsuccessfully by Granada TV for the use of the name on one of their models.

My first job when I left college was at the main Ford dealership, and the Granada and Consul range was launched during my time there. I had to collect a Consul from another workshop, a few days prior to the launch. I got the bollocking of a lifetime for momentarily parking it on the forecourt of the main showroom, where I went in to find out where to put it rather than leaving it at the rear of the premises, out of public view.

Any apparent similarity between Moskvich 2140 1.5 engine and BMW M10 (M115) is either a coincidence or the product of your own imagination.

d312c98s-960.jpg

and

Bmw_M10_E30.jpg

The last mass produced car that used lead loading on the bodyshell was the Ford Corsair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ford Pubic was made from old Corsairs.
Fake fact ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peugeot originally made salt and pepper mills (and still do)

In an effort to resolve a debate over what to call the Shelby 'hotted up' modified Mustang, the great man asked how far it was from the office to the production line. 'About 350 feet' someone said. 'OK then, we'll call it the Mustang GT350 - if it's good the name won't matter, if it's bad, the name won't matter'

Fiat was called F.I.A.T. until 1906 (Fabbrica Italiano Automobili Torino).

Audi's 4 rings represent the 4 companies that merged to form the company we know today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom