Post a single Car based pub fact

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mecedes (Mercy) was the name of either Daimler or Benz's daughter (can't remember which). Prolly Daimler.

Here's a pretty useless one.
On a TR7, if the Badge on the front is 'TR7' is was built in Speke, had dreadful build quality and will rust.
If it has 'Triumph' with the laurel leave, it was built in Canley, had poor build quality and will rust.
If it has the enamel badge, it was built in Solihull, has decent build quality and will rust.

The latest 911 Turbo S lifts its front wheels off the ground momentarily from a full out stationary acceleration.

Mecedes (Mercy) was the name of either Daimler or Benz's daughter (can't remember which). Prolly Daimler.
I haven't googled this so might be out of my ****, but it was benz wasn't it? Her name was Mercedes Benz. The girl's name predates the car, so if you name your daughter Mercedes you're not naming her after a car, it's the other way round, like if your name's Adam you're not named after a Vauxhall.

80% of cars registered in Albania are Mercedes.

The front wheel sits out further on one side of a VW Corrado than the other.

I haven't googled this so might be out of my ****, but it was benz wasn't it? Her name was Mercedes Benz. The girl's name predates the car, so if you name your daughter Mercedes you're not naming her after a car, it's the other way round, like if your name's Adam you're not named after a Vauxhall.

Good try...but no Carlings.:D

On a Renault 14, the wheelbase is longer on one side than it is on the other.
I know someone who bought a crashed one and spent a long time pulling it "straight" to get the wheelbase the same on both sides before learning that crucial snippet :doh:

There are more Ferraris per head of population in Malta than anywhere else in the world.

The first production car to use 4WD for improved on-road grip was not the Audi Quattro, but the Jensen FF, which was released 15 years earlier in 1966.

Unlike the Quattro, the FF had rear-biased torque split, and the little matter of Anti-Lock brakes.

It took Audi another decade to come up with them...

There are more Ferraris per head of population in Malta than anywhere else in the world.

Who is the Maltese Head of Population then...?

I'll get my coat :eek:

In 1934 Peugeot released the 601 Eclipse, the worlds first retractable hardtop car.

GM's Opel Kadet E (Vauxhall Astra Mk2 ) was sold in the US as the Pontiac LeMans.

GM's Opel Omega B (Vauxhall Omega Mk1) was sold in the US as the Cadillac Catera.

Steveml63 said:
No - the stag has two Saab 1.5 V4s bolted together to make a 3.0l V8!
Cheers. I thought the Dolly engine and the Saab engine were distant relations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom