Post Code Navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Headhurts

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes GLC
My car is an E350 S212 2016.

Last year I navigated by using full post code entry to PACT animal sanctuary (NR9 4PJ)

Saturday I had to visit again but this time I could only enter NR9 there was no further option to enter full post code, but if I scrolled through all the available post codes they are still there and selectable by scrolling the list just not able to enter the full number.

I believe a map update would cure this, my current map data shown.

Is there a reset short of disconnecting battery that would fix this in the short term until the car goes in?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

ae4395f870f556672b1e5a8917d29d02.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But talk to www.comandonline.co.uk first to confirm.... W212/S212 2016 should have NTG4.5, but I find it odd that MB 'jumped' from v4.0 to v14 within one year...?

Also as far as I know 7-digit postcode updates usually come with firmware upgrade, not maps DVD update?

2016 E is in fact NTG5, which is why its V4. Latest for NTG5*1 is 2016/2017 V6.0. I suspect you need a firmware updated (and may as-well have a map update at same time). Map update are reasonably quick on NTG5 as it comes from the USB (40 mins not 2-3 hours), but the firmware will take a little while (and that comes from Bluray player over ethernet !!)

I'd book it into your local MB dealer, explaining what didn't work and heavily suggest a firmware update and a map update as it is under warranty still.

Cheers
Richard

Did you put a space in after the nine otherwise it thinks you are entering a 7 digit postcode not 6

2016 E is in fact NTG5, which is why its V4. Latest for NTG5*1 is 2016/2017 V6.0. I suspect you need a firmware updated (and may as-well have a map update at same time). Map update are reasonably quick on NTG5 as it comes from the USB (40 mins not 2-3 hours), but the firmware will take a little while (and that comes from Bluray player over ethernet !!)

I'd book it into your local MB dealer, explaining what didn't work and heavily suggest a firmware update and a map update as it is under warranty still.

Cheers
Richard

Richard, do you know if it's possible to copy the NTG4.5 maps DVD to USB flash drive then upload the maps from USB? It so them it will shorten the time that needs to be spent in the car uploading the maps.

PS - just curious - I don't actually have COMAND on the W204 (yet...)

Did you put a space in after the nine otherwise it thinks you are entering a 7 digit postcode not 6

Doh!

Just been out to try this and Mark is correct.

I cannot recall doing this in the past but it's not often these days I use the navigation.

Thanks Mark and to all who took the trouble to reply to this idiot.

Doh!

Just been out to try this and Mark is correct.

I cannot recall doing this in the past but it's not often these days I use the navigation.

Thanks Mark and to all who took the trouble to reply to this idiot.

There are many of this type of idiot about ..... including myself !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom