Potential new car discounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frazzle7

Car
M135i
Hi. I'm doing the usual long term planning of the next car and at the moment its between a BMW 340 and a c450 AMG for next year. Discounts of around 22% seem to be possible with BMW. How does this compare with Mercedes?

If anyone could share any discount info it would be helpful.

There won't be any discount info on the C450 AMG Sport, as it's not priced yet. Margins in Mercedes don't support a discount of 22%. Support on the C450 won't be big initially, if anything at all.

There won't be any discount info on the C450 AMG Sport, as it's not priced yet. Margins in Mercedes don't support a discount of 22%. Support on the C450 won't be big initially, if anything at all.

Not what I was hoping to hear! Thanks though!

:thumb:

Not what I was hoping to hear! Thanks though!

:thumb:

Worries me that you're looking for 22% off a car that's no even out yet :confused:Doesn't seem like a very exciting way to go about looking for a new car.

So paying list price is exciting is it? It's human nature to chase the deal.

I said nothing about paying list price. But looking for a 22% deal on a car that isn't even out yet seems strange. I'd be more concerned about actually driving the vehicle first.

I said nothing about paying list price. But looking for a 22% deal on a car that isn't even out yet seems strange. I'd be more concerned about actually driving the vehicle first.

To be fair he didn't say he was looking for 22% off a car that isn't out yet. He merely asked how a C450 would compare to BMW Discount.

Your turn to read a post wrong. :bannana:

Ant

To be fair he didn't say he was looking for 22% off a car that isn't out yet. He merely asked how a C450 would compare to BMW Discount.

Your turn to read a post wrong. :bannana:

Ant

But that's your specialty....:crazy:

Is there anything remotely close to an indication of pricing for the C450, in addition to actual launch dates.

Rest of the world seem to have got lucky, taking delivery of these already.

Is there anything remotely close to an indication of pricing for the C450, in addition to actual launch dates.

I just noticed your existing car is my dream car!!! Don't you like it already?

Ant

Worries me that you're looking for 22% off a car that's no even out yet :confused:Doesn't seem like a very exciting way to go about looking for a new car.

No need to worry. I have no idea if Mercedes move on their price so just asking the question. Im not trying to get 22% off a car that isnt for sale. I read somewhere that it will be in the early 40's, so Im just trying to get a feel for whether Mercedes discount their cars at all. When the car comes out I'll test drive against 340, S4, XE S, etc. Maybe that will be more exciting for you and you can worry a little less.

Thanks to everyone else for their helpful responses.:D

You did well to get a 22% discount on the BMW if it is a factory order (facelift)
Employee discount is only 21% I believe.

New Mercedes you might be looking at single digit discounts.

That's because their steering wheel is on the other side ;)

We were given some indication on price, I'll have to look it up again

Shop around at a few brokers but read up about the pros and cons of using a broker first so you pick a good one. The cars will still come from a main dealer but you can get a fleet discount.

I have a MB on order that is costing me less than year old second hand cars with around 12,000 miles on the clock and I will be getting the full warranty.

Also the other big plus point is that the residual 3 year value is substantially higher than 50%.

So Car Wow immediately pointed me toward a 10% discount on a £43k Mercedes. It's amazing really, I wonder what percentage of buyers buy at full price ... hopefully a very low percentage!

Incidentally an SQ5 was immediately discounted by 8%.

You did well to get a 22% discount on the BMW if it is a factory order (facelift)
Employee discount is only 21% I believe.

New Mercedes you might be looking at single digit discounts.

On my M135i I got about 18% discount. From the 3 series owners forum it seems that in excess of 20% discounts are happening. I haven't got a specific quote yet as I'm probably 6 months away from changing and just doing my homework so I can try and get the best deal possible.

There is a guy on the 3 series forum saying that he has had a £10k discount offer on a c-class and £14k on a c63. Don't know how true that is. A quick scout around with carwow brings about 10% which is largely consistent with people like coast2coast.

So Car Wow immediately pointed me toward a 10% discount on a £43k Mercedes. It's amazing really, I wonder what percentage of buyers buy at full price ... hopefully a very low percentage!

Incidentally an SQ5 was immediately discounted by 8%.

Have a look at the discounts available on A8's, I've seen 40%!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom