Potholes bent my alloy - advice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adilhk84

Car
Mercedes CLS 320 2007
Hi everyone

Well I was driving along the m25 and went over a huge pothole, couldn't swerve to avoid as that would have meant going into another car, however after that the car was not smooth to drive above 50mph and steering vibrates, also when driving I find the rear of the car moving.

Anyway took to my tyre shop and the wheels were being balanced when they noticed front passenger wheel had a dent, so I need to buy a new alloy.

Any suggestions where I could get one as MB will be quite dear.

I was looking at replica's on performance alloys, and found one for £134.

This the the model no;

8 1/2 - 18 NZ XT28

A2194010101

No idea what it means but the wheel i'm looking at is 18" by 8.5"

Any thoughts would be appreciated, as I feel the whole world is against me, as every month it seems I am forking out for something or another :(

Sorry, the model no provided is my current MB Alloy.

Have you had your suspension looked at ?

Whatever it costs make sure you claim it against who is responsible for that section of road which I suspect will be the Highways agency. You need to get the exact location (GPS coordinates from Sat Nav are best) and put in your claim with receipts.

O no - suspension? that will cost a fortune right?

Do a search at the top of the forum for wheel refurbishment there are a few threads on here might beable to get your rim repaired and cost you less than £100

The wheels were aligned as well, therefore the guy at the tyre shop should have been able to spot suspension damage right?

I looked on alloy wheels direct and it is £192.4 vs MB £350

Replica alloy from performance alloys are £130.

Still deciding, as I want to change the colour of my car to black with a car wrap so unsure as to whether to fit original alloy, as I would like the AMG 20 spoke ones if it gets changed.

No... By default modern aligners request a process called ROC "Run Out Compensation". This zero's any reasonable wheel distortions and clamping errors, our machine will flag a warning if the wheels condition is outside of reasonable.

Back on topic, removing a compressed dent costs around £45......:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom