Predrilled or point drilled for parktronic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sobeus

Car
W203 C180K Sport Edition 2006
Hello i wonder if its predrilled on the bumber on a W203 FOR PARKTRONIC. so you can se exactly where to drill the holes for the parksensors. I had a Volvo XC70 before and on that one i retrofitted volvo original parktronic. And it was predrilled so the holes you should drilled came on the exact right place.

Maybe someone has done this on its W203? On teh volvo it was good becasue Volvo ha online instructions how to retrofit many things. Maybe somone has acess to VIS/VIDA so they can look how its gonna be done?

Last edited:
I fitted aftermarket sensors to my old W203, unfortunatly the bumper is not predrilled. On the plus side, you feel up behind the metal inner bumper and locate the elongated holes. Using these as a guide measure as accuratly as you can and transfer these measurements to the plastic bumper. Then using a SMALL drill bit (I used a 1mm bit) drill a hole and then check from behind that you are indeed in the centre of metal bumper. Bob's yer uncle and *****'s your Aunt, job done! HTH

I fitted aftermarket sensors to my old W203, unfortunatly the bumper is not predrilled. On the plus side, you feel up behind the metal inner bumper and locate the elongated holes. Using these as a guide measure as accuratly as you can and transfer these measurements to the plastic bumper. Then using a SMALL drill bit (I used a 1mm bit) drill a hole and then check from behind that you are indeed in the centre of metal bumper. Bob's yer uncle and *****'s your Aunt, job done! HTH

Okidoki

I may have came across a cheap original complete set of original parktronic for W203. im a original nerd dont like aftermarket stuff :rock: :bannana:

EPC shows a different part number for Parktronic suggesting pre-drilled inserts.

EPC shows a different part number for Parktronic suggesting pre-drilled inserts.

Does anyone know if the mb dealer have a kit of these for retrofit?

On the W203 you can buy just the Parktronic insert/s for the front and rear, your aftermarket sensors may fit the holes in that. Don't know if a 'kit' exists as such but people have retrofitted original Parktronic using all MB parts.

On the W203 you can buy just the Parktronic insert/s for the front and rear, your aftermarket sensors may fit the holes in that. Don't know if a 'kit' exists as such but people have retrofitted original Parktronic using all MB parts.

Ok will talk to mb dealer tommorow about the cost for these. Thx!:)

Parktronic inserts, approx £95 per side for the front and approx £150 for the rear.

Parktronic inserts, approx £95 per side for the front and approx £150 for the rear.

Auch that wasent cheap. By insert you mean the the 2 lists that are on the bumper right?

parts 60 & 70

B88030000172.1081.gif

and 50

B88075000121.1023.gif

Those US spec ones, Item 65, would be cool.

Yeah orange markers :bannana:

Don't believe you can have them with Parktronic though, that's why it wasn't available as an option in the US.

I quite like the side marker lights and would have liked to retrofit them but they don't have a version of the strip with the side marker lights & parktronic. Weird thing is in the US many W203 owners do away with the side marker lights!

I fitted aftermarket sensors on my W203 coupe a couple of weekends ago. In all honesty I think the aftermarket kit looks better as the sensors are smaller.

The fitting is very easy, if you remove the bumper strips you will see markings on the insides of the strips that tell you where to drill the holes. The wires run along the inside of the bumper and then there is a hole below the driver side rear light where you can get the wires into the boot.

parktronic part numbers please

Hi,
I have just obtained a complete front bumper with 6x parktronic sensors plus the front bumper loom and front & rear parktronic displays for my cl203.
Obviously I need the rear sensors & rear bumper loom, but does anyone know what else I need/ what the part numbers are?
Also is the package specific to pre or post facelift?

I beleive I need a control module, the button console with parktronic switch, plus the main car parktronic loom, rear sensors and rear bumper loom. Anything else?

Is there a WIS retrofit document for this??

If all else fails I will simply use the bumper and front & rear displays for adapting and inserting an aftermarket kit, but if I do this could the front bumper sensors be used with an aftermarket kit??

Many thanks for all help

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom