Present ideas - 65, mum, indulgent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
Mum - outdoors type, 65 birthday pressie, into fly fishing (salmon and trout), shotgun shooting (pheasant and clay), bridge (cards), not into 'spa' days, but has had an 'annus horribilis' and is in the mood of 'not spending on herself' (quote the husband). No 'predicure' etc stuff as she doesnt like being touched by strangers :fail

I'm fresh out of ideas, help...

Hire a local pilot (try a local flying school) and fly her to Le Touquet for lunch?

ok..... wrong budget I feel.... down a touch please! Nice ideas though!

I have already bought her randomly this year a new laptop, and hand made her a 16' , quarter ton steel gate for her drive which would probably have cost her 5 to 8 grand.

An experience for you both/all the family,time being short and all that.
My other half is investing every opportunity to capture last experiences with her father for the photo album.they took off to france this summer and we are spending Rememberence sunday at Ypres.This is a gift that wont stop giving.a weekend away for all will live with you all for a lot longer than the receipt.

High tea at a nice posh hotel

right idea wemorgan - but sadly she is stuck in her ways wrt cooking - we (me & mrs D) had the same idea - madness.

An ipad? It made the interweb thing tolerable for my mum.

oh - already bought a tablet - not an i$pad admittedly...

trial flying lesson....I had a surprise one for my 50th....fantastic experience it was around £150 ....too much?????

Where is she?

If Devon, a nice lunch at that splendid fishing hotel the Arundell Arms in Lifton?

Indoor Skydiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom