Price lists. Convert trade to retail easily?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
A few of our price lists are "Trade Only" and I'd like to convert these to retail if possible.

Is it possible to say, scan the trade lists and increase the prices without inputting each figure individually?

I seem to recall something about optical recognition but I wouldn't know how to go about using such a thing.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

OCR software generally struggles with tables imho.

Where are the original digital copies of the price lists? Wouldnt that be the obvious option?

OCR software generally struggles with tables imho.

Where are the original digital copies of the price lists? Wouldnt that be the obvious option?

I think our supplier would have the price lists in digital format?

If I could get hold of the lists would it be a difficult thing to convert to retail lists?

It depends how you price things but if you apply a simple formulae like cost +% then it should be very simple to do in any spreadsheet.

Even if you can only get the price lists in a recent PDF format, as opposed to a data file, it should be possible to copy and paste content into Excel (or equivalent) without bothering with OCR. How much rejigging you'll need to do will depend to some extent on how the PDF was created in the first place.

As Sp!ke says, once you've got it into a spreadsheet, applying a markup (and any layout/formatting you want to add) should be fairly straightforward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom