Princess Diana's Audi A4 cabrio - £80,000!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conquistador

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 S350L BlueTec
80 grand... Worth £800 at most even with the weak Diana connection. In fact I'm doing a banger rally next week and was looking at these for the £500 car buying limit!

Princess Diana's Audi fails to sell at auction | Daily Mail Online

e96s1z.jpg

10 years ago I watched a rugby ball signed by Jonny Wilkinson sell at a charity auction for £700. The ball itself was worth £10... these things mean something to some people (though clearly Diana's car did not mean £60,000 to anyone....).

Yeah who has put the £79,500 premium on that car just because Diana's bum has sat in the drivers seat?

Banger rallying in a convertible:crazy:

Banger rally as in driving across Europe in a cheap car with a load of others, definitely not a banger race/derby in a convertible! :doh:

Did it in an old Jag XJ Sport last year which probably wasn't the most elegant sight for locals, seeing almost 2tons of Jag stopping and reversing to get around the tight Swiss mountain passes and the occupants glistening with sweat because of the dodgy aircon, so got something more nimble and open topped this time :cool:

If you want loose celebrity status, I saw a used Evoque for sale at a LR dealership priced at £85,000.

In answer to my query as to why this was 'worth' so much, I was informed that it has belonged to Victoria Beckham and they had had lots of serious interest and were confident at being able to sell it at that price.

I didn't know whether to to laugh at the ridiculousness or cry for the fate of humanity.

Hardly the sellers problem.

No, but it indicates the foolishness of people - even those who are wealthy.

I never understood the hysteria over Princess Diana's death. Yes it was sad but what was sadder was the gushing outpouring of grief by the public. It's the same now whenever someone famous kicks the bucket with a disproportionate level of news time given over to the event.

Turbo1 said:
No, but it indicates the foolishness of people - even those who are wealthy. I never understood the hysteria over Princess Diana's death. Yes it was sad but what was sadder was the gushing outpouring of grief by the public. It's the same now whenever someone famous kicks the bucket with a disproportionate level of news time given over to the event.
The buyer will more than likely be a speculator. Maybe you never understood the hysteria over Diana but a lot of people sure do. The buyer/seller/speculator only has to find one of them with plenty of dough and bingo!!

Everybody is different. I don't understand the fascination with changing cars every 6 months but some people do. Some people don't understand my new found fascination on cycling and why I am willing to spend £2-3000 on a bicycle. Horses for courses.

Last edited:
All you see now is black, white, or grey Mercedes cars. Hyacinth red is lovely colour that is available in the range but you see so few of them. You cannot even get it on the W222 and I am having a torrid time finding an S class which isn't grey scale.

10 years ago I watched a rugby ball signed by Jonny Wilkinson sell at a charity auction for £700. The ball itself was worth £10... these things mean something to some people (though clearly Diana's car did not mean £60,000 to anyone....).

Better than this I suppose...

2878577349_87e7bb7f5f.jpg

"That, is a rare photo of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore"

I think there's a much better chance of that car selling for £80K, than the 420 SEL on eBay for £6K which may have been sat in by Liz Taylor and/or Julie Andrews...

I remember looking at Diana's brother's S124 320TE on eBay a year or two back , despite being in nice condition , it sold for quite a modest price . I remember seeing him on TV driving it after his sister's untimely death .

Diana's R129 would doubtless do better as that is the car I think most people would associate her with , followed by the Metro she had before her marriage ( and which sold for an inflated price a while back ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom