Printer Ink - Not OEM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I have a Canon MG6450 - the Canon ink is a ridiculous price.

Can anyone recommend a non OEM supplier of inks that work? - many just clog stuff up :crazy:.

Thanks.

Sure...

Tescos! I use the recycled one in my work printer. More than half the price of the real deal HP crap

For an actual supplier, I did have a great link with a company based in Peterborough. Although I had their sticker on the side of my PC when I first built it and it's long gone now, so unfortunately I can't remember the name of the business.

They did recycled cartridges even cheaper than Tesco and other outlets, on the basis upon reordering that you send back to them (free post) the used cartridges. If you didn't send them back, obviously you'd be charged more

Have tried finding them since but have failed, needed more now with my job so finding them would be handy

If you feel like digging a little deeper than just buying a cartridge, I've just bought one of these for work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LF9Q932/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

It's a hell of a lot of kit for the money. Printer, scanner, copier, fax. Up to A3 media, duplexer. USB, ethernet and wi-fi connection. Currently with £35 cashback bringing the price down to £70! Unreal.

Shouldn't cost a packet to run either, the genuine XL black cartridge is ~£24 and allegedly good for 1000 pages. The toner cartridge in my old mono laser was £70 and rated at 2500 pages. Not a lot in it, I know the colour cartridges in the inkjet will go down slowly even if I don't print in colour but I can live with that - at least I've got the option to print in colour if I need to. The print quality isn't quite as good as the laser but in "normal" it's perfectly acceptable for day to day business use.

It's a big beast though so do check the dimensions to make sure it'll fit!

Cheers,

Gaz

If you feel like digging a little deeper than just buying a cartridge, I've just bought one of these for work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LF9Q932/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

It's a hell of a lot of kit for the money. Printer, scanner, copier, fax. Up to A3 media, duplexer. USB, ethernet and wi-fi connection. Currently with £35 cashback bringing the price down to £70! Unreal.

Shouldn't cost a packet to run either, the genuine XL black cartridge is ~£24 and allegedly good for 1000 pages. The toner cartridge in my old mono laser was £70 and rated at 2500 pages. Not a lot in it, I know the colour cartridges in the inkjet will go down slowly even if I don't print in colour but I can live with that - at least I've got the option to print in colour if I need to. The print quality isn't quite as good as the laser but in "normal" it's perfectly acceptable for day to day business use.

It's a big beast though so do check the dimensions to make sure it'll fit!

Cheers,

Gaz
Not a bad price for that, but it is held back by a single paper tray. I do both A4 & A3 on a regular basis so recently bought Brother MFC-J6920DW

Thanks guys - based upon a recommendation from The Lexus Kid at post #4, I've bought a double pack of pattern ink.

Hopefully a good decision :thumb:.

Last Canon printer I had, non OEM cartridges ate print heads which made it less cost effective rather than better.

Different model granted, but if you do get signs of it doing this you will be better to swap back quickly.

I use these

Inkredible.co.uk

quick delivery and cheap. Never had any smudging or clogging issues,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom