Private Lease Car Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CardinalZeus77

Car
Porsche 991.2 911 Carrera S
Hi,

I am looking to Lease my next car and wanted to know which insurance companies people are using for their private lease insurance?
My current insurer won't cover me as the V5 will be in the finance company name and the registered keeper will be the finance company.

Looking at the deals it is much cheaper to get the car on lease than PCP.

Any help appreciated.

Is the log book definitely not in your name? The log book isn't proof of ownership. I always thought regardless of finance method it was in the keepers name i.e. yours.

My car is on MB's finance so not speaking from experience.

Is the log book definitely not in your name? The log book isn't proof of ownership. I always thought regardless of finance method it was in the keepers name i.e. yours.

My car is on MB's finance so not speaking from experience.

Hi,

Just spoke to the lease company and the finance company will retain the V5 as they will tax the vehicle for the duration of the lease. The finance company will be the Registered Keeper and Owner.

Mine's with Aviva through my friendly broker who sorted out the wrinkles for me. My name doesn't appear on any vehicle ownership paperwork, as "My" car is leased from MB Corporate by my company, of which I am a Director. The insurance though IS in my name.

(Yes I know doing it this way it's classed as a company car and I'm taxed accordingly, but it suits the circumstances!)

Mine's with Aviva through my friendly broker who sorted out the wrinkles for me. My name doesn't appear on any vehicle ownership paperwork, as "My" car is leased from MB Corporate by my company, of which I am a Director. The insurance though IS in my name.

(Yes I know doing it this way it's classed as a company car and I'm taxed accordingly, but it suits the circumstances!)

Thanks for the info.

Hi All,

For information I just called Admiral Insurance and they would insure the car on a Personal Lease with the Registered Keeper and Owner being the finance company. Good news as the price is reasonable too.

I had the same problem a couple if year's ago with a leased seat, I found Kwik fit insurance the cheapest for all three years I had it.

I had the same problem a couple if year's ago with a leased seat, I found Kwik fit insurance the cheapest for all three years I had it.

Thanks. I'll give them a call too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom