Private number plate for C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

singhs2

Car
C63 AMG (W204) 451 BHP 2008
Hi Everyone

I got this plate for sale on eBay and Gumtree - if you anyone is interested in this, please let them know about the ad. It would be much appreciated.

Number plate reads 'O C63 YEA' - No need to explain what car this is perfect for! :)
Open to sensible offers - cheers

Private Number Plate "O C63 YEA" For Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Cars | eBay

"Demand and interest for this plate is building fast." Rubbish. It was supposedly £8K, now reduced to less than half that, and open to offers.

I see that 'A C63 YEA', which is I suggest marginally more 'valuable' than this (they both have an intrinsic worth of precisely nothing whatsoever...), is up for less than a quarter of that asking price, and it too is open to offers.

What's it 'worth'? To me, nothing, even if I had a C63; to somebody with similar (lack of) taste, £500, maybe?

No, not particularly, John. I just have a marked aversion to greedy tossers posting ads full of bullsh1t in an attempt to make a quick buck by flogging something of no intrinsic worth, that they've just bought from the DVLA, at ludicrously inflated prices.

As Sister Wendy would say; "Well, that's what I think".

Dear Mr BOF

Please when posting on here: Can you come straight to the point. Please don't dance around your handbag, spit it out, get it off your chest, say what you mean and mean what you say.

You have made my day, week, month.

Thank you.

Thank you, Bruce. Sometimes I favour the smiling knife approach, others the nail-studded club; that sort of stuff usually gets the club...

I could have put it another way:

I have £3500 spare. Do I spend it on: a) a performance, brakes and/or LSD upgrade at MSL? b) a bodykit and expensive, smart new wheels and tyres? c) something of no intrinsic worth that only spells out C63 if the plate is illegal?

Hmmmm. Tough choice...

Dennis

mr-grumpy-pants.jpg

No, not particularly, John. I just have a marked aversion to greedy tossers posting ads full of bullsh1t in an attempt to make a quick buck by flogging something of no intrinsic worth, that they've just bought from the DVLA, at ludicrously inflated prices.

As Sister Wendy would say; "Well, that's what I think".

If you're not interested....a simple 'no' would suffice or, leaving no comment would do the trick too. Just because it has no Intrinsic value to you doesn't justify your right to comment back in an aggressive manner. Flipping number plates is a business. Some sell at extreme rates and some make a loss. #tosser

If you make posts on forums, you may get replies. Some of them may not be complimentary. My response seems entirely factual to me; you only consider it aggressive because you don't like it. You don't have the slightest interest in participating in this forum, which you joined only to post a link to your commercial advertisement, and you probably don't even own a Mercedes.

Selling number plates is indeed a business, but since those who engage in it produce nothing whatsoever except profit for themselves, mostly at the expense of stupid people who delude themselves that acquiring a 'cherished' or 'personalised' number plate will somehow add cachet to their tarted-up mundane mass-market means of transport, it is not a business I have the slightest respect for.

I presume '#tosser' is your Twitter tag.

Well, I was wrong about your not owning a Mercedes... Doh! We'll see if you participate in the forum, though.

And just to put the final nail in the coffin, there's a plate in the site General Classifieds that DOES actually read C63 (legally) for £999.

Thanks BOF, think i might just buy that, looks like a right bargain, would look really good on my E350 :rolleyes:
And just to put the final nail in the coffin, there's a plate in the site General Classifieds that DOES actually read C63 (legally) for £999.

AMG63S is on sale for just over £17,000! Yikes.

Was sold by the DVLA via auction in September 2016 for £8K, even with a 25% increase on top (to allow for fees, commission etc) still comes out at £10k, so £17k is quite ambitious, especially for a vehicle specific plate making it such a niche market IMO of course.

Was sold by the DVLA via auction in September 2016 for £8K, even with a 25% increase on top (to allow for fees, commission etc) still comes out at £10k, so £17k is quite ambitious, especially for a vehicle specific plate making it such a niche market IMO of course.

Not nearly as ambitious as (purportedly) £8K for OC63YEA, though.

I’ve been looking at perhaps getting a private plate for my new car, and it’s given me the hump. I have found a plate I like, but whoever is selling it bought it only 9 months ago through a DVLA auction for £2,200, and is now trying to flip it privately for a 600% profit. I hope it never sells and the greedy sod is left out of profit.

In other news, V8 AMG is available for the small sum of £26,000. The world has gone mad.

A lot of tossers and chancers out there looking to make a quick buck, aren't there?

Model-specific plates have a finite lifetime too. I remember when I had a couple of MK2 Astra GTE 16Vs and "GTE 16V" was £4k even in the mid nineties.

Can't imagine it is worth a great deal if anything now.

I'd rather spend £26k on a C63 than a plate!

Model-specific plates have a finite lifetime too. I remember when I had a couple of MK2 Astra GTE 16Vs and "GTE 16V" was £4k even in the mid nineties.

Can't imagine it is worth a great deal if anything now.

I'd rather spend £26k on a C63 than a plate!

Exactly. It will be worthless in 10 years time when new AMGs have a max of 4 cylinders and half a tonne of batteries in the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom