Probably the most accurate Fuel Consumption Comparison Figures anywhere!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
Overview: Mercedes-Benz - E-Klasse - Spritmonitor.de

Only in The Fatherland!!

Browse by model, browse by make. It even has trucks on there.

It's in litres per 100km - not too difficult to work back - or google the calculator!

Some very interesting LPG results.

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited:
I found quite a wide range for the vito 7-10 L/100

probably fair

Hi Muggy,

Enter the specific model on the left hand side.

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/overview/28-Mercedes-Benz/262-E-Klasse.html?exactmodel=e320cdi&powerunit=2

This shows an average of 8.92 ltrs per 100km from 8 users, click on the car for in depth usage. Average is shown top right, along with best and worst consumption.

The first guy in this list has noted 60+ tank fills and averages.

Roughly, 8.92 divided by 4.54 = 1.96 gallons, call it 2. 100kms = 60 miles, so the average is around 30mpg.

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited:
Our SLK 200 auto works out at 34.63 average, which is about what we get and a long way short of MB's 42 MPG

All 10,000 Mercedes results here.
I thought at first there were 10,000 results, but no, there are 10K dossiers by individual drivers. Each one can contain dozens or even hundreds of mileage checks over many years.
Drivers state what type of tyres, the typical speed (normal/fast/slow) motorway/town/country, cost and so on. Incredible!!
Just to check I wasn't dreaming - it's the old train-spotter in me, I thought I'd moved on in 1968 - I looked at the records for CNG, which I think is Town Gas. One of the contributers of 46 had been logging journeys since 2007 - 163 of them!
Details: Mercedes-Benz - A-Klasse - 140 - Spritmonitor.de

Not a phrase I thought would ever cross my mind, 'An*l, But Interesting'. Ah-ha, ABI!! Is that a new acronym, or is that just An*l?!

Cheers,

Paul

As The Count himself once memorably said, 'Letters.......they might be all right for spelling.......you try adding up with them!'

I've been using Spritmonitor for a few years to record my mpg, it has a much larger database than Fuely.

When I read a thread on here asking for typical mpg for a given car I try to quote Spritmonitor as I thinks it's more reliable than anecdotal data from individual members.

I've also used SpritMonitor for years, for my LPG Mondeo and for the first year of my 211 ownership. If you create an account, you can set mpg as a preference so you don't need to put up with that silly L/100km nonsense (which, bizarrely, is actually a measurement of area if you cancel the units out).

I've stopped now as part of my "simplify my life" drive. I felt it was getting a bit OCD. My car, in case anyone cares, was averaging a shade above 40mpg.

As we're always (?) going to have the mile and never the gallon, why don't we just quote in litres per 100 miles - or 60, if we're going to be able to compare with EU averages?

To convert mpg and l/100, just remember "282":

282/ mpg = l/100

282/ l/100 = mpg

;)

How do I calculate mpg in real money?

Confused to say the least

Now worked it out

My car SL500 according to the website 22mpg
Computer in car says 22.5
That's ok then

Use this, or just multiply litres by around 4.54 to get the gallon figure then divide that into 62, which is roughly the number miles per 100 kms.

Convert litres to gallon [UK] - Conversion of Measurement Units

To use the figures on the website, 7.6 ltrs per 100 kms for example, means 1.67 gallons to about 62 miles, just divide 62 by 1.67 to get the mpg. 37.1 mpg.

(I'm a few beers in, so this might need looking at!)

Cheers,

Paul

This site can't be accurate.....It shows the BMW 320D ED as being more fuel efficient than a Prius.......obviously sponsored by BMW :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom