Professional Rust Proofing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive used wax oil for years with old minis and subframes, mask off the bits you don't want covered and slap it on, I think you can even get a spray now..

We used to use a mates workshop pit and work under the car much easier.

Cheap also if you do it yourself.

What do they charge? There is a garage near me that will wax oil the underneath bits for £50. Easy if you have ramps and equipmnet...

this place does look like they do a proper job, they mist the waxoyl into all the spaces the normal waxoyl cant get to, roughly £400-500 which is a little steep, but i guess they do do a good clean as well before application.

there a c43 on the link NW provided looks like they have done a good job, not sure about totally covering the inner arches with Black waxoyl tho, if you ever went to sell it, it`d look like your hiding some kind of accident damage!

I've heard of the Rustmaster people but have not used them.

There are couple of other enterprises that offer a similar service: Chris Parkinson at http://www.before-n-after.co.uk/index.html
who used to be in Berkshire and is now I think near Rugby. Also The Waxworks near Newcastle upon Tyne - the website is at http://www.thewaxworks.net/about_us.html

I had my 560SEC done by Chris P and a Jeep by Waxworks. Not a lot to choose between them as far as I could tell. The former is dedicated to rustproofing as his core task, while the Waxworks people spend time on other things like rallying (but they are nearer if you live in Scotland!).

You pays your money and you takes your choice...

But if you drive your car in winter, or on slushy roads, I reckon it's definitely worth having some sort of rustproofing done.

this place does look like they do a proper job, they mist the waxoyl into all the spaces the normal waxoyl cant get to, roughly £400-500 which is a little steep, but i guess they do do a good clean as well before application.

there a c43 on the link NW provided looks like they have done a good job, not sure about totally covering the inner arches with Black waxoyl tho, if you ever went to sell it, it`d look like your hiding some kind of accident damage!
I recieved an e-mail from them just last week offering 100 pounds off if i get it done before September. Was thinking of going down and an overnight stay- then driving back home next day. Deffo will get it done- hopefully before winter.:cool:

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting this done.

Surely it can't be that labour intensive? That's big bucks!

They do a very good job, they did my 190 last year and it is first rate job, but they do charge top dollar and I have since found cheaper places, however it may be the case you get what you pays for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom