Profile fails to load

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LJR

Car
E220d (W213)
I tried to set up two profiles in my E Class (W213). However it now fails to load other profiles (Guest, or first profile). When you turn on the ignition and the menu pops up asking you to select a profile I choose one and it just displays the spinning icon for loading the profile but never actually loads it (waited the best part of 10 mins)

This also happens if I try to change the profile from the Personalisation menu as well. Just doesn’t finish loading the selected profile.

Anyone else experienced this and know how to fix?

Sounds like I'm unique with this issue (to be fair I couldn't find any other reports when i googled it either). Off to the dealer then...

FYI it resolved itself. I don’t know if it’s related but it was -8C when I initially set it and tried changing between them, so I don’t know if the cold affected something somewhere, but it’s working fine now.

Not used profiles myself so can't help, but if it's anything like the navigation system it's going to be slooooooow (I have a downer on the nav system in the W213 as you might have guessed).

Glad it's working OK now for you.

Reactions: LJR
Yeah, even though it is now working it is a little slow. Particularly if you are waiting for the screen to pop up when you start the vehicle, in which you can choose the profile you want to load (mine, or my wife's).

On the Nav - it's about the same speed as it was in my RR to search for a destination. However, it's incredibly fast at re-routing during a journey. I mean almost instant for me.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom