Projex 507 bonnet vent and new fi exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gasman2

Car
c63 amg
Just picked up my c63 from Projex fitting my 507 bonnet vents and carbon interior
very pleased with result allong with my new FI exhaust with Titan blue tips from Eurocharged

Big thanks to the guys at Eurocharged for getting my car to this stage and to James at Projex for allaying my fears about cutting 2 holes in my bonnet and doing a cracking job as well

Looks good.

I went for more standard looking stainless tips to my Fi exhaust - the wife still hates it on cold start though - especially if I leave my door open before I turn the key.:devil:

Nice one mate

I've often wondered what they'd be like colour coded, could look quite nice for those looking for something a little more subtle

Yes cold start is brutal and even when warm it snarls when you hit the right pedal
i was 50/50 about the tips until i saw them
Agree the vents wld look equally as good colour coded and this is an option with projex

gasman2 said:
Yes cold start is brutal and even when warm it snarls when you hit the right pedal i was 50/50 about the tips until i saw them Agree the vents wld look equally as good colour coded and this is an option with projex

Did you go for the full bolt on system with 200 cell cats too? That's what mine is.

I took a work friend home from the heliport a couple of trips back, he said that whilst he was in the car he thought the noise was acceptable, with the valves open. After I dropped him off, I set off with the valves open, within seconds I had a text saying "holy f**k, what a noise". They stay firmly shut in town now, I just open them when I'm miles from civilisation, which is just about everywhere here in Northern Scotland.

i have cargraphic headers and eurocharged x pipe with magnaflow 200 cell sports cats 3inch long body nice compromise between 5 inch body too quiet and the tiny ones

Looking good mate

Just out of curiosity are the carbon interior parts from projex? And if so did you have to exchange your originals

Steve

stevemoir said:
Looking good mate Just out of curiosity are the carbon interior parts from projex? And if so did you have to exchange your originals Steve

Looks like a wrap.

hydrodipping and to any but the pickiest hart to distinguish from actual carbon tbh

Same exhaust and tips as mine :)

I'll be going for the vented bonnet in the spring time as well.

Nice job mate

If anyone wants a genuine 507 grille that was used for a month I know my neighbour has his for sale :)

Really like those mods

Looking good Gasman. Don't normally like red cars, but yours looks bootyfull !!

Just wondering what are the costs involved to get those vents? And will they suit pre facelift model or look wierd?

Gasman2 - can you PM me please on the price to have the 507 bonnet vents fitted. Not only do they look good but they must let a lot of heat out.

I valeted a V12 Vantage today, with full carbon bonnet vents, simply a must when you have a beast like that underneath!, looked nice too.
I used to look after a 2007 Vanquish, again with the V12 engine, now i dont know if it was designed this way, but any water coming through the bonnet vent/ ducts was directed onto the exhaust manifolds?

J LAD said:
Gasman2 - can you PM me please on the price to have the 507 bonnet vents fitted. Not only do they look good but they must let a lot of heat out. I valeted a V12 Vantage today, with full carbon bonnet vents, simply a must when you have a beast like that underneath!, looked nice too. I used to look after a 2007 Vanquish, again with the V12 engine, now i dont know if it was designed this way, but any water coming through the bonnet vent/ ducts was directed onto the exhaust manifolds?

They cost approx £1k.

Looking good Gasman2. Was it Wicked Coatings that did the hydrodipping by any chance? I have seen some of their work on CB1965's car and it looked very good to my untrained eye anyway.

Top job.
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom