Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good film that :)

Probably posed more questions than it answered especially with regards to the SJs. Prometheus II has been setup nicely though I suppose...

7/10 for me, the 1st half was fantastic and the second was rushed, made little sense and threw up far to many questions.

(Highlight txt to read spoilers)
Spoiler:
Davids head is ripped off and thrown on the floor. the ship flies off, is hit, rolls around and falls over. His head doesnt move an inch

Spoiler:
The Zombie crew member that was sitting like a crab. His face looked laughable and came across as a cheap/quick way to butcher most of the crew.

Spoiler:
Vickers is ultra fit as seen when she comes out of Hypersleep, yet she cant keep up with a woman who gave birth 30mins before

Spoiler:
Was there any point what so ever for Peter Weylan?

Spoiler:
Werent there other Space Jockeys in stasis in the other ships?

Spoiler:
What happened to the Cobra-morph? it jumped out of the dead guys mouth and noone batted an eye lid, what a waste of a creature

Last edited:
Managed to drag my wife (kicking and screaming) to see this in 3D last night. Being a huge fan of the Alien films growing up I thought it was very good, first film I have seen in the modern 3D style and it wasn't bad.

Definitely a few minor holes in the plot but a pretty stunning looking film.

S

PS I like the tags 'Mike from Neighbours' and 'Hovis' LOL.

I'm a fan of Ridley Scott but I left the cinema yesterday feeling vaguely disappointed. I wish I'd waited for the DVD to come out on this occasion..

Cheers,

Gaz

I went to see it in the Imax and I thought it was awesome. If you're going to see it, then Imax is the way to go.

The best sci-fi comes from the best scripts, thats why Blade Runner, Total Recall and the many loosely based on I am Legend have been so successful. One for the dvd.

I was not impressed at all.
Yes, there were stunning visuals and some interesting tech but the characters and the "plot" were very deficient. The list of unsatisfactory things is simply far too long to list. I blame the screenplay and script writers.

Seen it twice now, 1st half is great, 2nd is completely lost.

Bouncer from Neighbours in prosthetics would have made a more convincing old man.

A sequel already confirmed featuring Guy Peace - younger...!

Yes, there were stunning visuals and some interesting tech but the characters and the "plot" were very deficient. The list of unsatisfactory things is simply far too long to list. I blame the screenplay and script writers.

Fits with the MO of Lindoff I guess.

Maybe they should have had Tarantino do it: Pulp Sci-Fi.

Finally got round to seeing it. Glad I didn't waste time going with friends to the iMax as originally planned.

Your comment "The list of unsatisfactory things is simply far too long to list." sums it up. Great visuals. But the underlying plot/script is simply appalling and undermines it. It doesn't feel well paced or well structured either.

Bought the DVD, what a waste... wasnt all that.

Have you watched the deleted scenes? if there is any film where you should watch them, this is it.

They completely change the film, explain nearly all the plot holes and add so much... hopefully one day they will be included on an offical release.

Yup I watched it on DVD last week, visually great but a bit of a let-down otherwise.

Have you watched the deleted scenes? if there is any film where you should watch them, this is it.

They completely change the film, explain nearly all the plot holes and add so much... hopefully one day they will be included on an offical release.

Pity for all those who coughed up to see it in its proper environment of the big screen who get screwed over with that version if the deleted scenes released with the DVD are so critical.

Sounds like major incompetence or deep cynicism.

Pity for all those who coughed up to see it in its proper environment of the big screen who get screwed over with that version if the deleted scenes released with the DVD are so critical.

Sounds like major incompetence or deep cynicism.

I so wanted to love this film, I still think its a good film & bought it on Blu-Ray, but the deleted scenes are somthing else.

For starters they explain why the guy moves towards the snake creature instead of backing off (they were terrified of whatever is out there moments before remember).

Also, check the Milburn Half Xenomorph/Human instead of the stupid Zombie in the final cut:

[YOUTUBE]4VcIAYH0HzA[/YOUTUBE]

(Best version I can find :( )

Finally got round to watching this on Blu-ray last night - a proper market innovator, me :cool:.

Oh dear.

In the Alien league it certainly isn't.

Just plain silly on a whole number if levels :mad:.

I liked it but after seeing the deleted scenes would have preferred them in the final cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom