Propshaft parts in exchange for 1 of my Kidney !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aerialmark

Car
E320 cdi avantgarde auto
Hi could anybody point me in the direction of a good parts supplier, I am after a front and rear propshaft coupling and center bearing for my 2001 E320CDI but cannot get the right part on ebay. They seem to do every other make model and year but not mine. I have been in touch with Blackburn Mercedes and they want me to sell a kidney to finance the repair of my propshaft ! I have tryed a few online parts dealers withouy any luck some saying its Mercedes dealer part only. I have scalpel in hand can you help !!!!

Whats the part number , sometimes googling the part number can throw up leads .

Hi Mark,

I think it'd be better to check with a reg, but with the basic vehicle details i only list 2 parts - A Front or a Rear one!

Description: Lemforder FRONT Propshaft Couplings & Kits
Part No.: 651220355
Web Price: £78.00
Forum Price: £58.50
Lemforder - Euro Car Parts UK
651220350.jpg

Description: Lemforder REAR Propshaft Couplings & Kits
Part No.: 651220325
Web Price: £69.60
Forum Price: £52.20
00352238801.bmp

Does that help?

Last edited:
Hi Mark, I'm also in Burnley (well close to). Can't really help much with the propshaft but I suggest giving Ian Walker a mail or call, he's registered on here as 124works. He's over in Kirkham and comes well recommended as a good indie.

Hi The reg is LY51 HFS, and the chassis number is **********443310 would that help any ?

Yup - That confirms the ones above, are listed as suitable for your car :thumb:

out of interest, what price do Merc quote (i guess Lemforder or Febi make the original ones)

Yup - That confirms the ones above, are listed as suitable for your car :thumb:

out of interest, what price do Merc quote (i guess Lemforder or Febi make the original ones)

Hi Front 87 +vat and rear £75 + vat and £52-50 +vat for centre bearing.I also had a quote of £79.00 + £7.50 carriage from united-auto parts for just the 2 couplings but when I ordered they told me 1 of the parts is not in stock until near the end of January so I am going to ask for a refund. Do you have all 3 parts in stock ? Thanks

All the quoted MB prices , you can take 10% off and get them from Inchcape.

Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

The Centre Bearing is below:

Description: LEMFORDER Centre Bearing, propeller shaft (front)
Part Number: 652220475
Web Price: £37.80
Forum Price: £28.35
00351796201.bmp

- The Front Coupling is in stock ready to be dispatched
- The Rear Coupling is special order (although we are showing 1 in Colliers Wood which can be transfered)
- The Centre bearing is special order (although we have some stock showing around the company which can be transfered)

Give them a ring then.

Last edited:
What a forum!

less that 2 hours later you have 6 prices, 4 possible suppliers & the members have saved your kidney!

:D

A big Thankyou to you all the scalpel is back in the drawer !I will contact you Mr Euro car parts thankyou....
Just got to go to work now and chauffer some overpaid under played footballer to Manchester airport !............Thanks again everbody !:bannana:

Hi Pete how do I send a PM to you ? Mark....

I think you need 30 posts to send a PM Mark, by all means mail me at pete[dot]england[at]ntlworld[dot]com. We can have a coffee (or beer), and look at each others cars :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom