'Protective strips' for my 'Mountain grey' A class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercA

Car
Merc
Getting excited as my A class delivery is just 1.5 month away...!!

After a recent car park knock keen to get some sort of 'protective strips' for my 'Mountain grey' A class, especially while parking narrow super market car parks.

Any one used or can suggest quality item which could last for few years..? Any photos also will be very useful. Haven't seen any genuine Merc part for that..?? Also genuine mat set, not sure what type is best suited for A class... don't want to buy from dealer at inflated price...

I appreciate why you want them...but doubt there is any aftermarket product which will look anything but...naff.

After a recent car park knock keen to get some sort of 'protective strips' for my 'Mountain grey' A class, especially while parking narrow super market car parks.

Any one used or can suggest quality item which could last for few years..? Any photos also will be very useful. Haven't seen any genuine Merc part for that..?? Also genuine mat set, not sure what type is best suited for A class... don't want to buy from dealer at inflated price...

Any number of suppliers for car mats - just google "tailored car mats"

Inquire at the main dealers for rubbing strips though - you need a perfect fit.

DSCF2877.JPG

:D

You could get an infant - then you are allowed to use the extra large spaces at the front !

Park at the back of the car park and walk the extra 100m. My wife usually asks me (don't do supermarkets if I can avoid it) when's the next bus when I park in a big car park.

I don't know what it's like in real life but the lower swage line looks very exposed, and it's such an awkward shape it would be difficult to protect.

Recently bought my wife a VW Tiguan and that has the same sort of line although it's straight. First trip out someone scuffed it, but thankfully the mark polished out.

VW do some bumpers but fitted and painted they're around £300. Guided by some Tiguan forum members I got some black ones off eBay for £35 and stuck them on. They don't look great, but they're not terrible either and hopefully they can be unstuck if necessary.

This is the seller, with some for the previous A Class: MERCEDES A - TO 2005 TRIM DOOR PROTECTION MOULDINGS | eBay

thanks...surprised there is no genuine Merc part for side protection...

I don't know what it's like in real life but the lower swage line looks very exposed, and it's such an awkward shape it would be difficult to protect.

Recently bought my wife a VW Tiguan and that has the same sort of line although it's straight. First trip out someone scuffed it, but thankfully the mark polished out.

VW do some bumpers but fitted and painted they're around £300. Guided by some Tiguan forum members I got some black ones off eBay for £35 and stuck them on. They don't look great, but they're not terrible either and hopefully they can be unstuck if necessary.

This is the seller, with some for the previous A Class: MERCEDES A - TO 2005 TRIM DOOR PROTECTION MOULDINGS | eBay

Totaly agree on the "park far away from the entrance", and find nice cars to park beside. If there are child seats in a car, park far away from it. The same goes for old shabby cars, thats a red alert.

I do the same with supermarkets and also try to park beside nicer cars, tempted next time to just get a golf or something then I wouldnt worry where I park!

People often comment that they park in total isolation only to come back and find someone next to them.

I used to avoid 2 door cars but a couple of the nastier dents we've had have been caused by the protruding corner of rear doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom