Pulled over by police in my 300ce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anfieldassasin

Car
1988 300ce, E46 323ci, 1990 230ce C124 (sold), cl203 180k (other half)
Got pulled over by the police in my 300ce, had my 5 year old strapped up in the back seat. We were on our way back from the pet shop so had a fish in the front seat (no not me!).

Unmarked bmw, he was driving a little erratically gave it no thought then get flashed and pulled over. He had a really stinking attitude, was adamant that I wasn't wearing my seat belt and that he saw me. Didn't take too kindly to me pointing out his erratic driving, the fact that it was wet and black jacket on black seat belt would perhaps mean he is mistaken!

He was having none of it and I was loosing my temper when my 5 year old came to the rescue with 'daddy always wears his seatbelt'.

Seriously there I was cruising along at 20mph in our coupe with my son and our fish and he had to ruine our day!

Rant over

I suppose he was just doing his job but good manner come free.

Haha son to the rescue! Buy that lad a beer......well maybe a Ribena!

Poor attitude on the part of the police though. Of course they are not all like that but when you know you've done nothing wrong and they start getting uppity with you, I can see why people get terse with them.

Got pulled over by the police in my 300ce, had my 5 year old strapped up in the back seat. We were on our way back from the pet shop so had a fish in the front seat (no not me!).

Unmarked bmw, he was driving a little erratically gave it no thought then get flashed and pulled over. He had a really stinking attitude, was adamant that I wasn't wearing my seat belt and that he saw me. Didn't take too kindly to me pointing out his erratic driving, the fact that it was wet and black jacket on black seat belt would perhaps mean he is mistaken!

He was having none of it and I was loosing my temper when my 5 year old came to the rescue with 'daddy always wears his seatbelt'.

Seriously there I was cruising along at 20mph in our coupe with my son and our fish and he had to ruine our day!

Rant over

Take his number and tell him politely his attitude is sub optimal and that you will be making a formal complaint. His attitude will change.

How did you get a seatbelt on the fish?

Iirc you are not the first person to complain about being pulled for not wearing a seat belt in a CE. Must be something to do with the positioning of the belt and the pillarless windows

He had a really stinking attitude, was adamant that I wasn't wearing my seat belt and that he saw me.

I was stopped a number of times while younger and even then I was baffled by the Officers attitude - bearing in mind most people's only interaction with the Police is likely to be over traffic issues, you'd think they'd be aware of maintaining a positive image.

copper must have had a thorn in the side hating you coz you were driving a fancier car than him.
idiot was giving you a hard time.

you should thank your son by giving him something spezial for X-mas

I was stopped a number of times while younger and even then I was baffled by the Officers attitude - bearing in mind most people's only interaction with the Police is likely to be over traffic issues, you'd think they'd be aware of maintaining a positive image.

The impression I have is that there are more issues in England than Scotland - because in England you are more likely to encounter an officer who is unaccompanied.

In Scotland they normally go about in pairs - I think this tends to constrain some of the more abrasive personalities when out and about. (Though perhaps the risk is that on the occasion that you were ever to get two with a bad attitude you really are in trouble!).

And I think age does have an effect as well. IMO you do get talked down to a bit more if you are younger. And the reasons for stopping may be a bit more tenuous if you're younger.

Don't suppose the copper will ever make detective though with those observational skills !

How did you get a seatbelt on the fish?

Aah maybe that's what he was looking at when he thought one of us wasn't wearing a seat belt.. An unrestrained fish can be quite a slippery prospect don't you know!

And is it more useful than t*ts? :D

Clearly if the fish had a pair of t*ts then I imagine the officers attitude would be different, sadly he wasn't impressed with mine either lol

Last edited:
Iirc you are not the first person to complain about being pulled for not wearing a seat belt in a CE. Must be something to do with the positioning of the belt and the pillarless windows

I agree I explained and showed the position of the belt it's recessed behind the driver and he was attempting to look via the passenger front window so would only see my head rest and seat upright cover the seat belt portion. That and I had a black jacket with a black seat belt.

Deep down I could tell he was doubting himself and I was clearly not wavering on voice or anxious so he eventually left after telling me to wear my seat belt next time.

copper must have had a thorn in the side hating you coz you were driving a fancier car than him.
idiot was giving you a hard time.

you should thank your son by giving him something spezial for X-mas

He's getting one of those bloody hatching animals things, he'll probably play with the box instead and I'll end up sitting on it to hatch it out

Last edited:
The impression I have is that there are more issues in England than Scotland - because in England you are more likely to encounter an officer who is unaccompanied.

In Scotland they normally go about in pairs - I think this tends to constrain some of the more abrasive personalities when out and about. (Though perhaps the risk is that on the occasion that you were ever to get two with a bad attitude you really are in trouble!).

And I think age does have an effect as well. IMO you do get talked down to a bit more if you are younger. And the reasons for stopping may be a bit more tenuous if you're younger.

The reason for dual crewing here is due to the requirement for corroboration , put in place by our superior legal system , which goes a long way to protect against one individual having a bad day or being 'mistaken' .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom