Question for Glassman re: Screen Chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
I'm sure I'm not alone in this, so thought it was worth asking the question.

I have a couple of very minor chips in the screen of my W212. These chips are no more than 1mm or 2mm across, and probably only 0.1mm to 0.2mm deep but they have edges sharp enough to damage the wiper blade.

So can anything be done with this kind of chip, and if so, what? My engineering mind says that a polishing process that takes off the sharp edges is all that's needed, but is that possible?

my father had same problem on his 202 his insurance company sent out a chip repair company and my dad had to pay them £1 for each chip repair ( they would rather do this than repalce the screen ) the chips were filled and the wiper was replaced . hower 12 months later the wiper began to rip in the same place and the mot tester insisted the wiper be changed for a pass 12 months later again same mot tester same verdict ... my dad has a syndrome involving very deep pockects and very short arms ... he rang his insurance company ( not the same insurance company that arranged first repair ) and they said they would too repair it in the same way... my father proved with paper work this repair had been done previously and failed and they replaced the windsreen for £50 which i belive was his excess

Have tried giving someone like Glass Doctors a call for some professional advise.
Not yet, that was my next port of call.

I have the same problem, probably a hundred or so...almost like it has been sand blasted! You can only see them when driving and the sun hits the windscreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom