Quick poll - saloon or coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seesixtythree

Car
audi
Guys,

A very quick poll just go to get some idea which do the majority own or prefer - as I am torn between the two?

thanks,

If it's only for 2 people and occasional rear passenger then coupe maybe better.

Saloons are better in car parks due to door size.

Last edited:
Wagon!:)

coupe

Basic rule #29 applies:

1. If you are fat, get a coupe.
2. If your friends and family are fat, get a saloon.
3. If you and your friends are fat, all should lose weight :D

Haha, thanks for your replies. I really like the coupe always had coups or hatchbacks but i have a baby to think of now although we already have a saloon in the family.....i guess the saloon will still give practicality.

Does anyone have a coupe and a new born is it easy to access the back i.e. baby car seat etc...

Ive just never had a saloon and not sure if i was ready to give up the (in my eyes) sportier look of the coupe.

Saloon every time...although fitting baby seat base to Isofix is a real pain...not been thought out very well

seesixtythree said:
Haha, thanks for your replies. I really like the coupe always had coups or hatchbacks but i have a baby to think of now although we already have a saloon in the family.....i guess the saloon will still give practicality. Does anyone have a coupe and a new born is it easy to access the back i.e. baby car seat etc... Ive just never had a saloon and not sure if i was ready to give up the (in my eyes) sportier look of the coupe.
We had e class coupe with a new born and it was fine to be honest, just have to be smart about car parks as the doors a bit longer than normal..

You don't want to be faffing around with kids car seats in a coupe (I've been there), saloon is far more preferable with younger kids.

IMO a coupe always has better lines, it's suited to occasional rear occupancy only though.

The sensible option would be saloon by the sounds of it. As mentioned I do have the use of a saloon but it would limit be being able to take out my car if I get a coupe unless I go everywhere without the baby...not sure that's the best choice to make!

IMO a coupe always has better lines, it's suited to occasional rear occupancy only though.

True of most manufacturers but coupe versions of MB saloons never quite work, same with Audi but their estates are always the best looking. Of the Germans only BM seem to know what they're doing.

Coupes are fine with babies, you use one of those cradles that the car seat locks into not isofix, and they're fine for older kids but a complete **** with toddlers who need strapping into the seat.

Get a sexy estate, more use than a people carrier or 4x4 and you don't look a tit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom