Quick VED Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As you did not know the time line and you "assumed" certain facts them it really was not in context.

Surely it would have been better from a forum perspective to have clarified how the grace period applies than to use the phrase "ignorant" ?

As you went rambling on about having bought your tax disc "at a post office a week before expiry", and the date on which the "computer runs an update", none of which is relevant to the question posed, which was, "am I right in thinking that I could still theoretically be done by plod for not having a valid tax disc displayed?" - he wasn't pondering the likelihood of detection - your remarks were also out of context and your criticism is hypocritical.

Last edited:
As you went rambling on about having bought your tax disc "at a post office a week before expiry", and the date on which the "computer runs an update", none of which is relevant to the question posed, which was, "am I right in thinking that I could still theoretically be done by plod for not having a valid tax disc displayed?" - he wasn't pondering the likelihood of detection - your remarks were also out of context and your criticism is hypocritical.

I think we can all get a feel for your type. One that hides behind a keyboard and snipes.

There was no rambling, my comments were perfectly in context to the OP's query as it showed pertinent information as to the updates of the computer system as evidenced.

You do seem to enjoy throwing insults around but the safety of the internet does let keyboard warriors exprees themselves without fear of having to do so face to face!

I wil not read nor respond to any more of your rather pathetic point scoring attempts. I do however suggest you try adding something useful to the forum and cut back on the "holier than thou" attitude:thumb:

Thankfully the forum has an "ignore" list!

Last edited:
I think we can all get a feel for your type. One that hides behind a keyboard and snipes. And you don't?

There was no rambling, my comments were perfectly in context to the OP's query as it showed pertinent information as to the updates of the computer system as evidenced. No, they weren't relevant to the question. What do computer updates have to do with it?

You do seem to enjoy throwing insults around but the safety of the internet does let keyboard warriors exprees themselves without fear of having to do so face to face! Don't we all?

I wil not read nor respond to any more of your rather pathetic point scoring attempts. I do however suggest you try adding something useful to the forum and cut back on the "holier than thou" attitude:thumb:

Thankfully the forum has an "ignore" list!

Hypocrite of the month I think.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this does happen when you have members happy to call others "ignorant" and then post other derogatory comments as soon as other members post anything that they are not in agreement with.

The forum should be for the benefit of all and should, therefore, be a platform for us to share knowledge, to learn from others and to aid the enjoyment we get from owning our cars. It is unfortunate that some see it almost exclusively as a platform for anonymous comments that add nothing overall but you find these people in all walks of life so I suppose it is no surprise that they exist on-line.

Some of us are just bitter because we shelled out loads of money on a pile of iron oxide. Unfortunately our disappointment with the marque spills over into all topics ;-)

Depends on your face, even if you have a new tax disc , but you haven't displayed it on your car is still an offence, according to junior plod

I think they have relaxed this law to some degree now for obvious reasons.

Sorry for starting this thread and then going AWOL.
Real life has been hectic.
New job on Monday.
Many thanks for all the responses.
Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom