Quicker autobox shifting cls 55 amg?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W126

Car
CLS 55 AMG
Have you had an atf change done?
The boxes are painfully slow compared to the more modern boxes and a 55k really highlights it.
Luckily the 55k has so much torque it's not a big deal.

Luckily the 55k has so much torque it's not a big deal.

I have driven my CLS55 very hard in France and in Norway .. on fast public roads, the torque means you realy don't have to change gears much, and when you do, it's really not bad at all

Anyone fitted this or similar.

Transmission TCU Upgrade AMG CLS55 Transmission TCU Upgrade AMG CLS55 [TCU-E-219] - £399.00 : CKS Performance

I must admit, having now spent time with the car, the gear change can be frustratingly slow, slower than my old 530.

Is there something that could deteriorate that would account for slower changes like a dying torque converter?

Cheers
Neil

I have it and so do a few members on here, the TCU remap is written by Eurocharged so many of them were done during the 2 Eurocharged events. It is based on the map that was fitted to the TCU of the SLR.

It does make a difference but it can't change the mechanical limitations though.

The TCU needs to be removed and opened as the file is loaded via a bitmapper, you can specifiy certain things to the map if you like. Mine for instance has a full manual setting so will not change up unless you move the selector or steering buttons/paddles.

Don't know how close it is but they are working on making the tcu program installable via the cable/laptop solution they do for their ecu tune. The ecu tune itself does actually make some changes to the gearbox behaviour and it certainly feels a bit more enthusiastic while holding gears better too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom