Quietest tyres for year 2000 C 200 petrol wagon elegance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

legine

Car
CClassW202-1999
I've had the pleasure of owning 4 w202's through the years.
The last wagon was a 2.5 diesel and I don't recall the cabin noise as bad as my current vehicle.
It is far and away the worst of the lot - rolling road noise is horrendous.
Fitted with both Goodyear 'Hydra grip' and a spare set of 'Efficient grip'.

So off to my local independent who says these are too rugged for such a sedate vehicle and suggested Continental Contact 3's or something similar with a less aggressive tread pattern.

Obviously stopping distance is important but as I can only drive like a nurse on our crowded UK highways, comfort is key - if new tyres can't sort then it'll have to go!

So I welcome suggestions before I go planting my hard earned on a guess.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I know mine's a saloon not an estate...no idea how much difference that makes...but having had both Pirelli and Bridgestones fitted in the past, I'd recommend Michelin Energy as far superior in longevity and performance - you really notice the latter in winter :thumb:. I've never really noticed any difference in noise from the different brands, though :dk:.

I have pirelli's on my estate,noisy on some road surfaces and not on others.

I thought nurses were quite racy!!!

Ive Michelins energy fitted as original equipment at 30000 and theyre not noticeably noisy.

+1 for Michelin Energy.

I have them on my 2000 C220CDi Estate. They are quiet and also give great fuel consumption - believe they pay back the extra purchase cost at each fill up.

I bought Continental Sport contact 5 to put on my Vito for that reason, didn't want too harsh a ride or noise & up to now been very happy with them. Only down side is the price, just paid £200 each for the rears. Might be cheaper depending on size you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom