Quote on Projector Headlamps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ixion

Car
Mercedes W210 320Cdi Estate & R170 SLK320
Hi,

Thinking about upgrading headlights.
I have just had a Insurance Quote on fitting Projector Headlamps to my 2001 SLK 230.
The units are E marked DOT & SAE so conform to all existing regs.

The lady I spoke to first said extra £50 pa as repair costs would rise in case of an accident. I pointed out that M/B genuine were more than second market projectors, she reduced the increase to £18 pa.

First time I have approached Insurance Co on this kind of matter.

What kind of experiences have you have??:(:D

Mike

Sounds about right. Some companies would classify that as an alteration and withdraw insurance. It varies from company to company though.

I pointed out that M/B genuine were more than second market projectors, she reduced the increase to £18 pa

An insurance company will only fit original new parts , or at least that is Direct Lines policy.

I had a minor bump in my Saab around 5 years ago and my car had to wait until a new Saab indicator and bumper trim arrived from Sweden as there were none in the country and a rather large volcano erupted in Iceland causing allsorts of delivery delays meaning they had my car for eight weeks , asked them to fit a new one from Elkparts just so I could get my car back but they declined as it had to leave their workshop with original parts only which made no sense to me as the eight week rental for the E class was more than my Saab was worth at the time. :confused:

Kenny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom